We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Schlossli Wilderswil Switzerland

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Schlossli Wilderswil Switzerland

Does anyone know what has happened to this hote? I stayed there a few years ago and would like to go again, but I cant trace it at all. Inghams have no knowledge and a search engine reveals no results. It cant have gone forever!

Chalet Gafri - BnB
Chalet Gafri - BnB
#1 of 8 B&Bs / Inns in Wilderswil
Hotel Berghof Amarant
Hotel Berghof Amarant
#1 of 7 hotels in Wilderswil
Jungfrau Hotel
Jungfrau Hotel
#2 of 7 hotels in Wilderswil
8 replies to this topic
Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
16,326 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Schlossli Wilderswil Switzerland

Hi Roger W and wellcome on the forum

Are you looking for thisone?

- http://www.tourismus-schweiz.ch/register/website.asp?basic_guid_pk={3BA922DF-CF30-45A8-A3AE-12C3D1DDC66B}&lang=EN

pore

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Schlossli Wilderswil Switzerland

No. It's a small hotel on the outskirts of Wilderswil. It was used by Inghams.

Belfast , Northern...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Schlossli Wilderswil Switzerland

I think you will find it is alive and well and now known as the Credo Schloss Unspunnen !! It has breathtaking views.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Schlossli Wilderswil Switzerland

No. It's not this one. I heard a rumour that it closed down in 2007, part destroyed. Can anyone confirm?

UK
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Schlossli Wilderswil Switzerland

I stayed at the schlossli a few years ago - a beautiful and hidden gem. I tried to book again in 2010 but it wasn't in the Inghams brochure, so went to the Alpenblick instead. While there I took a walk down to the Schlossli, and found it had been converted into some form of residential school, perhaps for disabled people? So it's no longer a hotel, which is a shame.

Mentioned in this post
Alpenblick
Alpenblick
150 Reviews
Zermatt, Switzerland
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
415 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Schlossli Wilderswil Switzerland

Yes,as Philip says, sadly the Schlossli is no longer a hotel... although the building still exists in more or less the same form and is a residential care centre .We stayed in the much loved Schlossli each summer for many years and have many happy memories of Martin and Hermann looking after their guests so well. Breakfast on the terrace .... pink table cloths ....silver coffee pots.... Martin's geraniums around the water feature ...and the snow clad Jungfrau providing the backdrop! ....Any one else feel that was a little bit of paradise?

Mentioned in this post
Jungfrau
Jungfrau
539 Reviews
Bernese Oberland, Switzerland
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Schlossli Wilderswil Switzerland

Hi, I agree with everything that you say - and more. It was certainly a fantastic hotel. Has anyone any idea what became of the owners? Did they simply sell up and retire? The end of an era!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
415 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Schlossli Wilderswil Switzerland

Herrman retired but Martin was working in Interlaken when we last had news of him,but he may have retired now. We stay in the Berghof now, which has views down to The Schlossli(!) as well as views of the Monch.

Our screensaver at home is a view taken from our balcony (top floor)at the Schlossli with the pink geraniums ...and the Jungfrau ofcourse! I used to be able to attach a photo to a post like this,but I don't see how to do it now :(

Ah memories! I am now remembering the walk back from the station across the meadow.After a long walk ,it was always nice to come home to the welcoming Schlossli where a good dinner awaited us-in that lovely diningroom! Do you remember the ceiling ,Roger?

Mentioned in this post
Interlaken
Interlaken
Jungfrau
Jungfrau
539 Reviews
Reply to: Hotel Schlossli Wilderswil Switzerland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wilderswil