We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Florence

Greeneville...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Hurricane Florence

I dearly love Topsail Island with all my heart. We have been vacationing there for 30 years. We were scheduled to be there in September and were unable to go because of the mandatory evacuation. This trip was scheduled In January and paid in full in May. We did take the insurance out and have been waiting almost a month for an adjusted. I called Treasure Reality today to check on our refund from them. I was told that they were sending me a check only for the damage deposit. I asked about a couple other issues which they told me the insurance would take care of. I paid taxes on the full amount and I asked about the taxes since we did not get anything to be taxed for. I was told by Treasure Reality that they asked the town of North Topsail Island if they would refund the tax to us. Their reply was no. Treasure reality told me I would have to talk to the town. I e-mailed the town clerk and received an answer of no reason being that the fax is considered and income tax on the owner receiving the payment. I replied that I felt this was taxation without representation to which they replied if I lived there I should vote. Are you kidding me!!!! I paid taxes on something i was denied. Should I speak with my attorney? This is truly not fair. The amount is almost $200.

1 reply
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,768 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: Hurricane Florence

" Should I speak with my attorney? This is truly not fair. The amount is almost $200."

You have an attorney that would deal with this for less than $200?! :-o

Reply to: Hurricane Florence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Topsail Beach