We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket with take away/cooked food close to Mulhouse

Leiria, Portugal
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
Supermarket with take away/cooked food close to Mulhouse

Hi! I'm planning a trip to Basel and Colmar. We are two couples with two 5 year old kids. Our time is short and also our budget, so we need to maximize our trip. We will leave basel late in the afternoon and we will drive by Mulhouse in order to get to our AirBnb. I would like to know if any of the supermarkets that Google Maps shows on route when we are passing by Mulhouse and vicinity (Carrefour Illzach, ALDI Illzach-Modenheim, Auchan Mulhouse, Super U et drive Burnhaupt-le-Hautetc) have take away food so that we can make a quick stop to buy dinner and groceries?

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
537 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: Supermarket with take away/cooked food close to Mulhouse

I didn't visit any of those particular store locations, but my experience with other stores of those chains is, yes, you will find take away food for dinner. I shopped at a small Carrefour in Mulhouse and it had some prepared food for take away, so I would think a larger store would definitely have it.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
9,574 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Supermarket with take away/cooked food close to Mulhouse

Most supermarkets of any size will have a staffed "traiteur" counter where you can buy fresh meat, charcuterie and "plats préparés" (although these last are prepared components rather than prepared complete meals). Most supermarkets have a website page which gives details of their opening hours and of the services they offer - in French obviously (and don't expect the people behind the traiteur counter to speak English either, although doubtless they will be able to take your order in Alsatian and probably German as well as French).

Leiria, Portugal
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Supermarket with take away/cooked food close to Mulhouse

I think we should manage then, thank you both!

Reply to: Supermarket with take away/cooked food close to Mulhouse
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted