We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hill station near badri

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
713 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Hill station near badri

Namaste

I am looking to spend 2 nights at a nice hill station, after badri. Can someone recommend a place, where there are great views of the Himalayas?

Like Kausani, Naini etc? Are they too far?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,414 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hill station near badri

Joshimath and Auli are the closest hill stations of Badrinath. You'll get excellent views of Himalya from there, even skiing can be done at Auli.

Kausani, Nainital is far off and touristy, some himalayan peaks are visible from Kausani, nothing from Nainital.

AshisRoy

Edited: 02 September 2011, 13:14
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
713 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hill station near badri

Hi Ashis

THank you for the feedback.

Yes, i suppose Joshimath & Auli are the options. I was thinking Kausani etc are not too far.

I have been to Joshimath, its a quite place. Nothing much. Auli, got to take a ropeway up right? Is there some nice resorts there and any sightseeing that i can do in Auli or just rest n relax?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,414 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hill station near badri

Kausani To Badrinath : (256 Km) Kausani to Gwaldam – Karanprayag – Joshimath – Badrinath. It takes about 8.5 hrs.

You may think of Mussoorie, its 120 kms from Badrinath.

There is a nice resort Cliff Top Club at Auli for relaxation.

AshisRoy

Edited: 03 September 2011, 05:41
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
713 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hill station near badri

Thank you for yr help Ji.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
713 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hill station near badri

Namaste Ji

Do you know of this Dronagiri Royal village? How is it compared to Cliff top?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,414 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hill station near badri

Dronagiri Royal Village can be rated as 2 star category and Cliff Top is 4 star Category.

AshisRoy

Edited: 07 September 2011, 11:31
Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Hill station near badri

How do you find GMVN

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,414 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hill station near badri

Ravichandran1...

GMVN Auli is the best located budget hotel.

AshisRoy

Edited: 25 February 2012, 18:13
9. Re: Hill station near badri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2013, 15:46