We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get kilis

Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
124 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
how to get kilis

hello to all. I would like to start first topic about kilis. kilis, former town of gaziantep province, is a province between gaziantep and syria on the border. If you visit G.Antep, you can get easily by minibuses leaving from Kilis garage (Kilis Garaji) very close to Bayazhan to Kilis provinces. The minibuses leave every ten or twenty minute after they fill out. Kilis is not ver touristic city like antep or urfa but it is worth seeing. Since it is located on the borderline, there are smugller markets in the province. Foods are not as good as Antep, yet you can taste kilis tavasi (special meat) at Doganhan restaurant built in a historical building. you can go the border to see the syrian side. before the going on incidents in syria, it is easier to go the Aleppo by taxi or by hitchhiking, now it is difficult. There are few historicsl buildings such as old courthouse, turkish bath and mosque in the city but nothing special to see. It would be a different experience if you have enough time during your visit to G.Antep. you can return by same minibuses from main bus terminal in Kilis.

Ulu Cami
Sacred & Religious Sites
Salih Efendi Sokak
Points of Interest & Landmarks
6 replies to this topic
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get kilis

How easy would it be to get to Oylum Höyük? dainst.org/en/…

Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
124 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get kilis

i dunno but i saw the sign of it before engering into kilis. so most probably you have to take a taxi to there. the sign is not too far from the kilis city center.there is not sny km info on e sign. I guess it is not to far from the main road between kilis and antep

Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
124 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get kilis

i found a wiki page in turkish ehich says oylum hoyuk is the oylum town of kilis province, and it is located 7km southeast of kilis province. thus it is very close to kilis city center. may be some minibuses go to oylum town from kilis otogar, you know kilis is a new province but it is very small so are the towns of it. oylum town was most probably a village before kilis became a province in 1990's. kilis is on the borderline so is oylum town and oylum hoyuk...hope this helps.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get kilis

It's good that it's signposted. Thanks.

lhokseumawe
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get kilis

my name is aboe mohammaed..hi am from indonesia..would you help me to pass border to syria..from gaziantep to kilis? is there any hotel in kilis?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get kilis

You need to apply for a Turkish visa from a Turkish Consulate in your own country before travelling.

Reply to: how to get kilis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kilis Province