We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rubbish situation

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Rubbish situation

We are traveling to Roda next week with friends just heard about rubbish situation is that resolved now thanks Elaine,

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Rubbish situation

From what I could see last week the rubbish situation is not resolved, but not really an issue once in Roda.

It is strewn along the main roads and rather unsightly but doesn't cause any issues.

Roda itself is clean and tidy.

Did however travel to Sidari for one day and the rubbish issue looked far worse in and around the resort.

I wouldn't worry if staying in Roda

Edited: 31 August 2018, 18:48
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Rubbish situation

Thanks for that feel better about things now ,

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
225 reviews
3. Re: Rubbish situation

It's not resolved, the Corfu government has not dealt with the problem for a number of years, and it is worse this year than last, there is no solution in sight as they have no recycling centre for processing waste and their landfills are closed, the Riot police have been deployed and government staff on strike due to health concerns.

Totally unacceptable, Corfu is not a third world country and shouldn't act like one.

jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: Rubbish situation

Elaine, have a lovely holiday. It is horrible when you are looking forward to it and get constant negative posts. If people that are there now are saying that it is not really an issue in Roda then try to keep an open mind.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
949 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Rubbish situation

Well said karenjersey. I almost cancelled my holiday in July after things said on this forum.

Ok it’s a big problem and will take time to resolve.... l actually agree with Steve on this lol! 😂

But we had a great holiday and you are not living among it, it’s confined to the main road, or was when we were there. The resort was clean and clear of any rubbish, as was Corfu town. I can’t speak for the current situation, only my own experience, but no one should be put off going.

Elaine you will love Corfu it’s a beautiful island. Am sure your holiday will be a great one.

I really don’t know why this is constantly being discussed on here anyway, it’s for the Greek authorities to sort and all the whinging in the world, by some on here, isn’t going to make a jot of difference.

I would go back now if l could.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
949 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Rubbish situation

In the space of my writing above post, Karen’s has been removed. This is getting desperate now.... she said nothing wrong at all, what on earth is wrong with people, or rather this phantom deleter?? It’s beyond pathetic, are people not allowed an opinion now without this continually happening?

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
949 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Rubbish situation

Hope you get it restored Karen. Unbelievable!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Rubbish situation

Hi Elaine, i was in Corfu 2 weeks ago, did not stay in Roda, but in Kassiopi. There was some rubbish on the main east coast road but they were keeping it out of the villages. I believe that someone who posts on here lives in Roda (Steve)? and will have the most up to date information on the situation there. You will have a great holiday.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Rubbish situation

Scary how a post is deleted in under 30 mins!!! Wonder if a moderator is also posting??

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
949 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Rubbish situation

I don’t know but something is off..... weird...

Get answers to your questions about Roda
Recent Conversations
More Roda Topics