We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roda in October

leeds
2 posts
1 review
Roda in October

Hi,

I visited Roda twice as a young teenager with my parents and fell in love with it. Stayed at the Fiona. That was a long time ago.I am now 30 year old, and decided to go back with my girlfriend as she has never been to Corfu or Greece in general.

We arrive 04/10/17 for one week and I wondered if there will be much going on at that time due to the season.

Now we want a relaxing holiday more than anything but we do like a bit of night time dining out and drinks.

Will we be dissapointed?

I'm aware that the weather can be a little bit hit and miss but as long as it's warm and not too rainy, I don't mind.

thanks for any responses in advance.

11 replies to this topic
Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: Roda in October

If you are open-minded about the weather, then you should be just fine. It can be glorious of course and even November can be a real treat. Corfu’s resorts are controlled by the tour operators and, at the moment, it’s impossible to say how many people they will send us in October. There will still be several bars & restaurants open and a few do remain so right through the winter, including the new bar/restaurant ‘La Luz’ which opens a week from today. I don’t think you will be disappointed ...

Steve

leeds
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Roda in October

Thanks very much Steve.

I was actually expecting you to comment as I've been looking up and down the feed and you seem to be pretty constant, and knowledgeable.

Yeah we're pretty open minded about the weather. It's mainly just to get away for some late sunshine (hopefully) although I don't want it too hot as I'm fair and I burn quite easily to be honest. As long as there's somewhere to drink and eat and maybe listen to some music, that would be fantastic.

Also, what kind of money would I be looking at for drinks, meals etc.. do you have any idea. Not sure how expensive it is after my 15 year hiatus.

Thanks once again.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Roda in October

For music, the best place has to be Pirates’ Bar and it’s open all year. The general guideline for spending is £1000 for a couple for two weeks, but bear in mind that the exchange rate is not as favourable as it was ... at the moment.

Steve

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Roda in October

We just booked first 2 weeks in October for next year. I think it can be nice going when things are a bit quieter. Looking forward to it already :)

Ipswich, United...
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Roda in October

We are staying in Roda from the 19th of October and was wondering the same as to are there many bars and places to eat still open and if any of the greek taverna's still do a Greek night as my friends daughter is coming with us and has never been abroad and it would be nice to show her the whole experience.

Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Roda in October

I should imagine everything will still be open when you arrive in October. Roda is a working village so I suspect in the main a lot will still be open. Unsure about the greek nights but I am sure Steve can assist you with this x

Oldham, United...
1 post
7. Re: Roda in October

Suzanne,

I am also flying out to Roda on the 18th Oct, hope we have good weather....John

North Wales
Level Contributor
306 posts
143 reviews
8. Re: Roda in October

Roda right now is perfect weather with temperatures in the mid 20's and not to chilly in the evening either. Things are pretty quiet that suits us but quite a few places have closed and the bar we had an evening early doors no longer had draught beer as they were closing soon too.

Lots of people have commented how expensive everything is but it's still cheaper than the UK overall. Beers are mainly 3 euro for a 500ml, we paid 4.50 for a G&T. 1 litre carafe of wine with dinner 12 euros.

Restaurant prices vary from place to place, I have seen 2 course meals advertised for 13 euro but the place we have been going to is so good we are happy to pay more. 3.50 for most starters, 4 for a sweet and mains between 9-13 euro. We budget 50 euro for an evening meal. Lunches we make a sandwich, bread is around 1 euro, butter 3.50 for 250gms, cheese and meat quite expensive but overall it saves on the cost of "eating out".

Fuel is expensive, 5 cents dearer in the north than around Corfu Town with unleaded around 1.71-1.75 per litre.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: Roda in October

We just got back home from sidari. Had a day in Roda. Looks ok but I don't get the feel for it like some do. road to beach looks ok but main road looks a little tired. It's neighbour Achavari was much prettier of the 2. Great base for travelling tho

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Roda in October

A lot will be closed. Going off what other resorts do, there'll be their last week. Most bars in sidari closing this week. A lot closed in the last 2 weeks

Reply to: Roda in October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Roda
Recent Conversations
More Roda Topics