We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware the trick of Ali at Haputale Railway Station

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
313 posts
5 reviews
Beware the trick of Ali at Haputale Railway Station

As soon as I was out from the train in Haputale in mid of June, a middle age man quickly approached me asking if I had made a reservation at Sri Lak View Holiday Inn,where I had made reservation and they stated to have someone came to pick me up at the station, he also showed me the business card of this hotel.

I thought he was the guy, so without any doubt, I followed him and was taken to his place which was located at the top of a hill of nowhere.

I started to wonder if it was Sri Lak View Holiday Inn, but, I told myself to be alert and calm. The man who claimed his name is Ali started to tell me that his daughter would take good care of me during my 2 night stay at this place. Ali's House, he said.

I sensed something was wrong, but realized that I could do nothing.

Fortunately, the man who was actually from Sri Lak View Hoilday Inn could not find me at the railway station called me. He soon found out my situation and came to Ali's place to rescue me.

I finally was taken to Sri Lak View Holiday Inn which is a very nice, clean place and enjoyed my stay in Haputale for two nights 3 days.

I wrote this message here hoping other travelers would not fall into the same situation as I did.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,197 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: Beware the trick of Ali at Haputale Railway Station

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for sharing! Please also add a summary of this to your, positive I presume, review of Sri Lak View; the readers needing it will be more likely to read that review than this forum thread which by then will have disappeared to screen xxx of the list.

Indeed I came by train but without telling my train number to Lak View, and was awaited by their vehicle; probably they send it to all 3 trains coming daily from Colombo (at least when they have any new arrival booking). And you were lucky to have pre-announced your train time and phone number.

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: Beware the trick of Ali at Haputale Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 23:45