We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balicasag Dive Site Trips from Mactan Island

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Balicasag Dive Site Trips from Mactan Island

Hello everyone,

I and my wife are begginers in Diving, and have recently got our open water dive certificate. We are coming to Cebu for 4 Days/3 Nights trip in february. We wish to stay in Mactan during our trip. And were wandering if there are specific dive centres who offer day trips to Balicasag Dive Spots. Is it too tiring to plan to go to these sites and return by night to Mactan.

Other possibility is we stay in North of Cebu and visit Malapascua for a day trip. But I have read that Balicasag is way better. Kindly advise which one to chose and what we will miss out if we dont cover Balicasag,

4 replies to this topic
london
Level Contributor
983 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balicasag Dive Site Trips from Mactan Island

These areas are way too far from Mactan to get to early enough for diving. There is reasonable diving off Mactan. Also don't forget to factor in the obligatory day off gassing before your flight home.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balicasag Dive Site Trips from Mactan Island

I would suggest to stay a night in Alona beach in Panglao and a night in Malapascua. There are nothing so much in Mactan comparing it to what I mentioned earlier.

Manila
Level Contributor
389 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balicasag Dive Site Trips from Mactan Island

Stay in Malapascua or Bohol instead.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,378 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Balicasag Dive Site Trips from Mactan Island

Most dive shops in Cebu have day trips to balicasag. but it is a long boat trip (2 hrs) hence it is expensive and the total 4 hrs boat ride is an utter waste of time.

If were you, I would just do a 2 day trip instead to Balicasag island - it is easier to reach there than it sounds. Just take a fast ferry to Tagbilaran, a triek to Aloan beach and a boat to Balicasag island. I ahd lefet Cebu city at around 8am, reached TAG at 10 and was at Balicasag at noon. Thereafter you have all the time in the world to dive - right upto sunset, and again next morning from 5:30 am onwards.

The dives - if you stay at balicasag island - are mostly beach dives so you dont waste time on boat trips. The cottages of the resort are beautiful and right by the water / coral beach.

Reply to: Balicasag Dive Site Trips from Mactan Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Balicasag Island