We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable cost for transportation ?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable cost for transportation ?

Hi fellow T/A's, we are a family of four adults with luggage arriving at Tagbiliran Airport on 20 December and staying at Bohol Beach Club. The hotel has quoted Php 900 per trip for 4 in an aircon van. I see many posts relating to transportation and fares but I'm not sure that these answers suffice when there are 4 adults with luggage. Can someone please offer an opinion.

Thanks

34 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable cost for transportation ?

I paid 600 pesos for my solo saloon car ride with my backpack & Samsonite hardcase luggage.. from Tagbilaran Airport to my guesthouse on Bolod Beach , just further down from Bohol Beach Club...

If 3 of you are able to squeeze yourself among the rear passenger seats & have only a single normal size backpack & hardcase luggage , then perhaps 600 pesos is the normal price then..

If you can't & need a bigger minivan instead , then 900 pesos is just slightly higher than the average price(Bohol Beach Club is a high end resort & thus the prices)

Boyet Bensi is frequently recommended in this Bohol forums, as a driver cum travel guide & you can perhaps look to him for a price quotation.. as comparison

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294245-c…

Bohol Travel Buddy is another option..

Cheers & Enjoy!!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable cost for transportation ?

Thanks you for your response

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable cost for transportation ?

P900 is reasonable enough.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable cost for transportation ?

Thank you

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,707 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable cost for transportation ?

.......at a fraction of what you would pay in your own country.

6. Re: Reasonable cost for transportation ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2017, 05:52

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable cost for transportation ?

you try naldix bohol tours...only php 500 for van

--------------------------------------

That was my expectation too. I am sure I could get a van for about that amount with multiple people

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,707 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonable cost for transportation ?

But avoid naldax as they have no regard to forum rules and spamming a forum.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,597 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reasonable cost for transportation ?

We paid ₱600 for a van we got from the airport to our resort in Panglao. The ₱900 being charged by Bohol Beach Club is reasonable because the van will come from Panglao to the airport (maybe without a passenger) just to pick you up.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reasonable cost for transportation ?

The ₱900 being charged by Bohol Beach Club is reasonable because the van will come from Panglao to the airport (maybe without a passenger) just to pick you up.

-----------------------------

True. But the van from the airport may also go back to the airport empty after dropping off

Reply to: Reasonable cost for transportation ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted