We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berchtesgaden to Garmisch

RI
Level Contributor
24 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Berchtesgaden to Garmisch

hi, we need to get from Berchtesgaden to Garmisch in August, and have some questions hoping someone would have the answers to:

1). Could not find a direct train to Garmisch and the ones we found require two stops, one of them giving us only 4 mins in Freilassing. I could not find any information as to which track this train would arrive in Freilassing so is 4 mins going to be a concern for us to catch this connecting?

2). If we were to take a taxi from Berchtesgaden to Freilassing, where would we be able to find the info as to how much it would cost? I found taxizentrale-berchtesgaden.de/tarife/preisbe… and it looks to be about 50 euros which is a lot more than the train. I am not sure if this is even worth it, or if there is any other alternative (sorry, no rental car!) maybe some private transportation that is cheaper?

thx

1 reply
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,575 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Berchtesgaden to Garmisch

You'll have to change trains twice (Freilassing and München Hbf).

The 4 minutes for a change at Freilassing when traveling from Berchtesgaden to Munich are fully by purpose. Nothing to be concerned about at all.

You can do this trip on a Bayern Ticket.

https:/…bavaria-ticket.shtml

Reply to: Berchtesgaden to Garmisch
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Freilassing