We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freilassing Station and REX trains

Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Freilassing Station and REX trains

I hope someone familiar with train travel between Freilassing and Salzburg can provide some advice on my query below.

We are planning to travel from Freilassing to Budapest by train.

We intend to take the REX train starting from Platform 7 at Freilassing HBF going via Salzburg HBF to catch RJ61 train going to Budapest.

However I have not been able to find much information about (a) Freilassing Station layout eg ticket office platforms and (b) REX train carriage layout , REX 5886 in particular.

We appreciate members of the TA community if they can provide some information on the two items (a) and (b) as above as we will carrying some baggage with us.

Mentioned in this post
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
2 replies to this topic
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,327 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Freilassing Station and REX trains

Freilassing station information/map

…bayern-takt.de/StationsdatenbankBEG/…

Don't know what train material ÖBB is using for the REX 5886 train. Service is like with a S-Bahn train (i.e. 4 stops between Freilassing and Salzburg Hbf). Normally these trains have wide door rooms. Where you could park your luggage as it makes no sense to store it somewhere else as this will be only a 8 minutes ride.

Mentioned in this post
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
2. Re: Freilassing Station and REX trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 June 2017, 03:10

Reply to: Freilassing Station and REX trains
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Freilassing