We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malarone cost

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Malarone cost

Hi, off to Travellers 25th August, flying from Manchester and just been shopping around for our Malarone. The best price we found was Superdrug. £54.72p for 24 tablets. Asda and Tesco came a close second at just over £60. Boots was the most expensive at just over £78. Some online prices were about the price of Superdrug but we opted for Superdrug.

GP didn't charge us for private prescription, was pleased at that as I've read some GP's do.

Yellow Fever Jab cast us £52.50 each from GP, he reccommended it so thought it best to take his advice, we also got several other jabs, Tet, hep A, polio etc, these were free and it covers us for the next 10 years.

Looking forward to the holiday now, can't come quick enough for me.

Marie

Birmingham, England,
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malarone cost

Hi,

Have you got your tablets already? I found the cheapest was from knights pharmacy, got 23 tablets for £46.83. Not sure if you have one near u but if u do its worth checking them out.

I'm going to same hotel as you on the 22nd august and flying from Gatwick, can't wait now :)

Also got yellow fever for £48 but different areas might vary in price.

Heidi

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malarone cost

Hi Heidi.

Yea, already got them from Superdrug, havn't noticed that chemist in our area but that was a good buy.

It's our first time in Kenya, we've booked a 3 night 4 day safari with Julius Safaris and we're really looking forward to that.

Is it your 1st time in Kenya?

We'll have to meet up for a drink, you'll have the place sussed out by the time we get there.

Marie

Birmingham, England,
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malarone cost

Hi Marie,

Yeah it is the first time we are going to Kenya. We were going to book a safari when we are over there, not sure how long we would do it for!

Yeah we should meet up by the swim up bar, ill figure out which is the best cocktails and get a couple lined up for u!

Who are u travelling with?

Heidi x

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malarone cost

Hi Heidi

Travelling with husband.

You'll have 3 days to check the place out and message me if you discover anything you forgot.

Who you travelling with?

I'm thinking I might pick myself some duty free booze up just incase the drinks are not up to scratch. Maybe we should start a new thread titled 'Favourite tipple at Travellers!!'

Marie

Birmingham, England,
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malarone cost

I'm travelling with my parents...

Yeah I will let u know all about it, when will u be there for your first proper day?

Shall we say meet by the swim up bar late morning! Code word can be cocktail!!!

That's a good idea, I might get some from duty free on my way over! I can't wait to go now!

Have you had your yellow fever jab now? I had mine yesterday, my arm is really sore now.

Heidi

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malarone cost

Hi Heidi

Yea got mine last Monday.

We arrive on the morning of Friday the 26th, should be about mid morning I think.

We'll be the tired looking ones with no tan :-)

Getting excited now.

Marie

Birmingham, England,
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malarone cost

Hi Marie,

You had any side effects from your injection? I've just had a sore arm and head ache but could be the warm weather.

Ill look out for two pale people heading for the bar then haha! :)

Who have you booked with? Thomson?

I'm really hoping the 22nd would come a lot quicker now!

U going on any other trips? I really would like to visit a local village

Heidi

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malarone cost

Hi Heidi

No, no side effects.

We're thinking of doing a dhow trip, maybe a meal on one.

Definitly going on a visit to Haller Park, maybe a dolphin spotting trip.

A visit to Mombassa and a visit to a local orphanage. Think I'll buy foodstuffs to take to the orphanage rather than take books and pencils.

Marie X

Birmingham, England,
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malarone cost

I want to go to Haller park too, gonna see the difference in price from tour operator and locals and see which is the best deal.

Yeah I thought about taking food and clothes, think most people take pens, pencils etc. Gonna end up filling my case with it all and not taking many clothes for myself haha!

Heidi x

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,200 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malarone cost

Hi,

You don't need a tour to go to Haller Park, You can walk to the nature trail (its just across the road, and The Main Entrance is only a short tuk tuk ride away, just past the Public Beach opposite Nakumatt

Have a look at the map in the FAQs on the right

You'll also find info on what to take to orphanages, (food is a great idea just now) and details of some of the orphanages in the area

Edited: 04 August 2011, 17:46
Get answers to your questions about Bamburi
Recent Conversations