We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trang airport, Thailand

Jersey
Level Contributor
280 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Trang airport, Thailand

Can anyone give me a bit of advice on Trang domestic (TST) airport, Thailand ?

HI

We are flying to Bangkok with Air Asia from Trang next month, we have 6 hours to kill and we want to head into Trang Town, which is only 5km away, my question is, what facilities Trang airport has in the way of left luggage. I have searched the internet and there’s no information regarding facilities at this airport and I am hoping someone may have done the Koh Lipe – Trang airport route and advice me about left luggage facilities

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Trang
Trang
Trang Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,644 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trang airport, Thailand

Trang is a very small airport and I rather doubt they have any Left Luggage. You can ask when you get there.

But one thing you could do: each flight is met by reps from local travel bureaus who will drive you into town for a modest fee. I bet one of them would agree to keep your gear in their office if you used their transfer service and offered 100 baht extra.

Mentioned in this post
Trang
Trang
Trang Province, Thailand
Jersey
Level Contributor
280 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trang airport, Thailand

Thanks for that bill2p

Not sure if to go direct to the airport from Hat Yao Pier and see if we can leave our bags, then taxi into town for a few hours or just take a taxi direct into town from Hat Yao Pier with our bags and find a bar / restaurant for few hours before flight to BKK

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,644 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trang airport, Thailand

Sorry I misread your posting. I thought you were arriving at Trang airport not departing from there. Trang is a really interesting old Hainanese port city with historic shophouses, and it's worth spending at least a few hours walking around. Leave your luggage at the Left Luggage in Trang Station, right in the middle of town. That's also where you'll easily find transportation to the airport.

See:

travelfish.org/blogs/…

austinbushphotography.com/blog/breakfast-in-…

Mentioned in this post
Trang
Trang
Trang Province, Thailand
Jersey
Level Contributor
280 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trang airport, Thailand

Great advice

Thank you

Hannover, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Trang airport, Thailand

Hi, how Long Time we Need from trang hat Yao pier to airport? And how Much is the Price with Taxi? Thanks

6. Re: Trang airport, Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 18:47
Get answers to your questions about Trang