We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazon tour guides/companies, Iquitos

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Amazon tour guides/companies, Iquitos

Hi,

I am looking for recommended tour guides/companies to visit a lodge for 3 or 4 nights in the Amazon around the Iquitos area. I heard Muyuna Lodge is very good however I am unsure how to go about finding a good guide or company who take tours there.

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazon tour guides/companies, Iquitos

It seems that most of these jungle lodges provides their own tours and guides. We are booked on a jungle lodge for 2 nights, before we go on our boat cruise. This jungle lodge is all inclusive with meals and a number of tours and activities to choose from. They will also pick us up from the airport and transport us by car then by boat to their lodge. At the end of our stay, they will take us to our boat cruise. Perhaps your jungle lodge will provide the same type of services??

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazon tour guides/companies, Iquitos

Thank you! It does seem like they can be booked through their websites as you mentioned although very few do short stays eg under 5 nighs.

Thanks for the help

Edited: 30 June 2016, 19:27
London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amazon tour guides/companies, Iquitos

What website did you go through for jungle lodge? Thanks

Lake Placid, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amazon tour guides/companies, Iquitos

Many lodges will provide transport from the airport to Iquitos, and on to Nauta, further down the river, and a delighttul indian village where you can buy-or your husband-many herbs to aid with erectile dysfunction. As these are all sold by elderly indian salesladies, and all look the same, it is a fun experience listening to them cackle. God knows what is in these jars, but it is harmless and worth the look on your wife's face. Whatever you decide, make sure you are picked up at the airport, transported to your hotel, and taken to Nauta for the boat ride to the lodge. It is rustic, fer shur, but fun, so get into it! One of my favorites- is Amazon Reise Eco Lodge, which is a bit further into the jungle, but safe and fun-do NOT swim at night!

los angeles
Level Contributor
985 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amazon tour guides/companies, Iquitos

My wife and I spent 4d/3n at Muyuna Lodge last January. An English speaking driver pick us up from the airport to their office for briefing. After a an hour of walking tour around Iquitos, we headed to a 3-hour, 140 km boat ride to the lodge. Our guide (all their guides) speaks English well. They also took us back to the airport after our stay.

www.muyuna.com/www.muyuna.com/index.html

6. Re: Amazon tour guides/companies, Iquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 July 2016, 19:05

7. Re: Amazon tour guides/companies, Iquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 July 2016, 20:31
Edited: 21 July 2016, 20:31

Reply to: Amazon tour guides/companies, Iquitos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Iquitos Amazon Region