We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants that take reservations

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
11 reviews
21 helpful votes
Restaurants that take reservations
Save

Hello, I’m having a hard time finding any Restaurants that take reservations. Can anyone recommend restaurants in Avalon that they know take reservations? Thanks so much.

4 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
24,031 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: Restaurants that take reservations
Save

Our favorite restaurant, Bluewater Grill on the water does not take reservations. We either go early around 5 PM and get a table, or walk across the street from our hotel, and put our name down and then check back.

Only when we’ve gone with our golf group and had a party over 12 do places take our reservations.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
10,801 posts
8 reviews
49 helpful votes
2. Re: Restaurants that take reservations
Save

Have you been to Catalina before? You might not be grasping how tiny the place is. The “core” of Avalon is about 2 by 4 blocks and tiny ones at that. It is a very backwater, low-key place and that’s people like about the place.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
16,865 posts
57 reviews
52 helpful votes
3. Re: Restaurants that take reservations
Save

I checked Avalon Grille and Steve's Steakhouse and neither one of them are taking reservations, Antonio's Pizzeria on the water also does not though we've usually been able to just walk in. We have not been over to Catalina since before March 2020.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Palm Springs
Level Contributor
21,845 posts
119 reviews
104 helpful votes
4. Re: Restaurants that take reservations
Save

I’m not sure any of the restaurants take reservations. There’s only maybe 3 “nicer” restaurants that I can think of. Bluewater Grill (local chain) I know does not, there’s Steve’s Steakhouse and Avalon Grill ~ you might call them, especially with Covid, maybe they will take a reservation.

Marti ~ you beat me to it!

Edited: 26 August 2021, 04:43
Reply to: Restaurants that take reservations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.