We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport from the Manchester Airport to Old Trafford

Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Public Transport from the Manchester Airport to Old Trafford

I'm getting confused about how I can get to Old Trafford Stadium from the airport by public transport... Somebody help me, pls! LOL

3 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,139 posts
57 reviews
1. Re: Public Transport from the Manchester Airport to Old Trafford

Train from the airport - the easiest option is to get the train to Deansgate, then cross over the bridge to catch the Metrolink heading towards Altrincham and get off at Old Trafford station.

The trains to Deansgate aren't as frequent as the ones to Piccadilly so if you don't want to wait then get the train to Piccadilly and again pick up the Metrolink.

It's about a 5-10minute walk from the station. Cross over the Metrolink line, go straight on up the road along the side of the cricket ground, cross 2 main roads and the theatre of dreams is just ahead of you (it's quite hard to miss due to it's size!!).

There's also buses from the city centre which someone might be able to help you with.

Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Public Transport from the Manchester Airport to Old Trafford

Tks a lot, dear! You were very helpful!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
994 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Public Transport from the Manchester Airport to Old Trafford

Alternative, on match days only, is train from the airport to manchester Picadilly and change there to the football special which takes you to the Old Trafford train station, right behind the South Stand.

Reply to: Public Transport from the Manchester Airport to Old Trafford
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trafford