We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go Bicester Village from Sheffield?

Sheffield, England...
5 posts
1 review
How to go Bicester Village from Sheffield?

Planning to go Bicester Village on August 2013, anyone knows do they still offer summer sales?

I've checked the ticket fare to Bicester North by train, it's very expensive about £100-£200 for two-ways tickets. May I know is there any way to get to Bicester Village with lesser cost?

6 replies to this topic
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,494 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: How to go Bicester Village from Sheffield?

Hello, the TripAdvisor Support forum is for questions on how TripAdvisor works. For the answer to your questions, you should ask them on the Bicester Forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1015731-i18605-Bi…

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
2. Re: How to go Bicester Village from Sheffield?

... moved from TripAdvisor Support forum to Bicester, England forum.

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Tdam

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,394 posts
3. Re: How to go Bicester Village from Sheffield?

The off peak return fare is £63.50 per person. That's really not expensive for a near 3 hour each way journey and it's nowhere near the £100-£200 you are claiming. No need to book ahead, buy on the day

1033 or later train out from Sheffield, any train return. No restrictions other than sticking to the right route at weekends

But I really don't think it's a worthwhile trip from Sheffield - surely there's somewhere nearer?

Edited: 02 August 2013, 13:07
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: How to go Bicester Village from Sheffield?

Unless you are planning to spend at least several hundred pounds on Prada handbags or similar, there is no way that it can possibly pay to spend getting on for £100 to go to Bicester. I know opinions differ, but the fact is, it IS full of the stuff no one else wanted, thats what outlet malls do, so it only works if you luck out and it happens to have something you like, and for you, your saving is in the order of £100.

As dzug1 says, surely there is an outlet mall nearer? Or just buy at full price locally, it still will likely be cheaper. (Unless spending £100 to save £50 seems like a good plan to you?)

Sheffield
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
152 reviews
5. Re: How to go Bicester Village from Sheffield?

There is an outlet 'mall' in Doncaster though not for Prada type stuff.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,598 posts
104 reviews
6. Re: How to go Bicester Village from Sheffield?

Agree with Joe, not worth going to Bicester

Reply to: How to go Bicester Village from Sheffield?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bicester
More Bicester Topics