We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicester to MIlton Park along A34..

St Albans, United...
3 posts
Bicester to MIlton Park along A34..

Hi everyone

I'm looking to move to Bicester with a view to commute to MIlton Park Business Park along the A34. Does anyone do this (or similar) route that could tell me how long I would be looking at via car during typical rush hours (arriving at 9, leaving at 5:30 ish).

Cheers!

6 replies to this topic
Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
1. Re: Bicester to MIlton Park along A34..

I don't do it, but sometimes drive under or over it then .

You'd be pushed, most of the year, to get from J9 of the M40 to the Milton Park turnoff in an hour at those times: 90 mins wouldn't be particularly noteworthy. When things get tricky, longer still - sometimes a lot longer

Most people I know organise their lives to avoid driving the A34 at those times,and before 7 am and after 7 pm you can usually whizz through in well under half an hour. Worse though: there's absolutely no possibility of congestion getting any better in the next five years.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
5,633 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: Bicester to MIlton Park along A34..

You would better looking for somewhere South of Oxford and north of the M4 unless you have an overriding need to be near Bicester.

St Albans, United...
3 posts
3. Re: Bicester to MIlton Park along A34..

Thanks; I feared as much..

Any additional feedback from weary commuters would be appreciated.

St Albans, United...
3 posts
4. Re: Bicester to MIlton Park along A34..

True, but I need to be getting out on to the M40 as I spend a fair bit of time on the road too. I was looking at Chinnor too but thought that the cross-country journey would be worse than the A34. I should perhaps reinvestigate this option.. Any ideas on times from Chinnor to Milton Park?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,554 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Bicester to MIlton Park along A34..

I think from Chinnor it would take at least 45 minutes, but probably more during the rush hour. You should be looking at places like Watlington, Little Milton, Stadhampton.....(Didcot is too horrible to mention) if you need quick access to M40

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
164 reviews
6. Re: Bicester to MIlton Park along A34..

I live in a village just outside of Bicester and commute into Oxford everyday. Start at 8:30 and finish at 5pm.

I went down the A34 the last few days because of the snow on the back roads.

I left at 7:20am and got to the centre of Oxford at 8:20am.

When I go the back routes some days it takes 40 mins and today took about 1 hr 20 min.

Going home isn't so bad, usually takes me 35-40 mins. If you go via the A34 at rush hours, when you hit junctions like Botley or M40, the traffic can be very bad and Friday afternoons 4pm onwards .... M40/A34 stint is a pain.

Reply to: Bicester to MIlton Park along A34..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bicester
More Bicester Topics