We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parkwood Lodge or The Inn at Little Sister Hill?

Chicago, Illinois
10 posts
Save Topic
Parkwood Lodge or The Inn at Little Sister Hill?

Can't really decide between the 2. Anyone who has thoughts please chime in.

Traveling with my wife, my 2 sons (ages 6 and 4), also their grandparents.

Both places have 2 bedroom options.

The Inn at Little Sister Bay is around $25-30 more per night.

Haven't been up to Door County in 15 years or so.

Thanks

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,145 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parkwood Lodge or The Inn at Little Sister Hill?

Parkwood Lodge is listed #8 of 8 lodging choices there. It rates in comparison less consistent. Inn at Sister Hill offers the majority of their reviews in the excellent or very good range. Inn at Sister Hill is 8 of 15 lodging choices in that area. Parkwood is cheaper. Review wise Inn at Sister Hill is better. So see which one better suits you and your overall tastes and which over rides, cheaper or better overall reviews.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parkwood Lodge or The Inn at Little Sister Hill?

Read all the recent TA reviews of the places to see how nice the rooms are.

Parkwood is a more central location. It markets to families on a budget. It has an indoor pool and whirlpool (which are in a separate building) and bonfires. Call them to see if their tennis courts are open. It's on a big piece of property where the kids can run around.

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parkwood Lodge or The Inn at Little Sister Hill?

It may cost more, but I would look at the Newport resort in Egg Harbor. We stay there every year and just returned from a stay during the week of the 4th. They have 2 bed 2 bath condos, nice indoor/outdoor pools an indoor playground for the kids and free breakfast every morning. You can also walk into Egg Harbor and to the marina which has good fishing right from the dock, perfect for kids your age.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parkwood Lodge or The Inn at Little Sister Hill?

I have never stayed at either place -- I usually come with a large enough group that we rent a cottage or house. A friend of mine stayed at Inn at Little Sister last summer and liked it. The reviews for the Parkwood make it sound iffy -- several reviews mention a musty odor, and that's the kind of comment that will make me steer clear of a place.

5. Re: Parkwood Lodge or The Inn at Little Sister Hill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 07:46