We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Door County respite trip

Stevens Point...
Level Contributor
9 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Door County respite trip

My daughter and I are travelling to Door County for a long weekend in July. We will be staying in Fish Creek, and I definitely want to see the fields of lavender on Washington Island. I am interested in places/shops/activities to nourish my soul, and replenish my energy. Any specific items you would recommend?

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Door County respite trip

Yes. Go to www.doorcounty.com and do some research into those things that would nourish your soul. There is a lot to see and do, come prepared.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,122 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Door County respite trip

hey sailing, that snow scene beyond your windshield is lookin' pretty good about now!

this humidity is killer

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Door County respite trip

That snow shot is Trail 13 between Rockland Mi and Mass City...one of my favorite trails!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Door County respite trip

The Ridges Sanctuary is a good place to consider. It's a nature area but also feels more than that, very calm and lovely. There are some beautiful art galleries and views of sunsets that will help too. Just sit and watch the lake or bay from some more secluded spots. Newport State Park is less visited than others. Cave Point is striking, but you'll find more crowds there. Go to the tip of the Door and look out at at Washington Island. Or visit some used book stores, lots of places to go and things to do.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Door County respite trip

ppulse.com/Articles-Headlines-c-2014-06-18-1…

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,122 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Door County respite trip

keep the trackside down and THINK SNOW!!!!!!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
379 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Door County respite trip

I enjoyed Whitefish Dunes State Park. I thought it was less crowded than some of the other state parks up there. I'd also recommend walking around The Clearing Folk School grounds. I found that place to be very peaceful and serene. http://theclearing.org/current/index.shtml

Edited: 30 June 2014, 08:13
Stevens Point...
Level Contributor
9 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Door County respite trip

thanks for your advice.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Door County respite trip

My daughter and I enjoyed making a glass dish. It is a great keepsake and you can get it the next day. http://www.handsonartstudio.com/

Stevens Point...
Level Contributor
9 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Door County respite trip

thanks, the handsonstudio is definitely on our list!