We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mui Ne Staff

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Mui Ne Staff

Just came back from Mui Ne and compared to Hoi An or HCC, it was certainly pricer for massages and food. Also I found the staff were not very happy and quite rude and abrupt.

Anyone else find this?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mui Ne Staff

Agree re Ke Ga but last time I was there I had to eat in my resort as there were no bars/restaurants nearby - this was 2009 so guessing things have changed a bit?

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mui Ne Staff

Just so you know that all of Phan Thiet is not as you described, this comment appeared today on a review for a resort located in Mui Ne, which is different from the tourist area of Ham Tien where you were staying:

"Local people are honest, nice and simple."

Edited: 06 March 2012, 10:58
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mui Ne Staff

Hi Steve Mui Ne

I agree on the whole Phan Tiet was great and most parts of Mui Ne were too, but I am sorry to say in Mui Ne it didnt feel like Vietnam which is sad to me coz its a great place.

Anyway just trying to gauge others ideas.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
46 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Mui Ne Staff

we've being going to mui ne for 3 years, and we avoid the russian section of mui like the plague, i wont even go shopping there - its not the vietnamese's fault, they get treated differently by the russians. the old saying goes - you get back what you give - so move on. we have stayed at Hoang Kim resort and enjoyed the staff, food, amenties and all the local aspects they have to offer - we come from byron bay in australia - and you will never match the beaches at our home - but thats why you travel to explore, hire a bike and head north and you will find clean, salty beaches. just have a go and leave the lonely planet in the bin. also travelling by train, is a great way to see the countryside, instead of those kamakaze bus trips at night. enjoy, and keep smiling. suzy, australia

Belfast
Level Contributor
243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mui Ne Staff

It was bowenarrow who recommended Mui Ne to me cause of the fantastic dry weather in June, so a few Ruskies aint putting me off, but could anyone recommend me some of the good bars, places to eat, hotels/resourts which arnt overloaded the Russians? Not that i have a problem with Russian people, but in both Goa and Dominican Republic, i have spoke to locals in both countries who said the Russians are ruining the fun side of looking after holiday makers.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Mui Ne Staff

Monoz,

I have to disagree with you when you say that "Mui Ne didn't feel like Vietnam." Mui Ne is a very typical Vietnamese town. The resort I manage walking tours of Mui Ne every morning when the fishing boats are unloading their fish and hundreds of people are working at the docks and in the market selling fish. The town is filled with little cobblestone streets that are very much like those from old Europe and it reeks of charm and character.

I don't know what you expected of Vietnam, but everyone who takes these walking tours says that they are amazing and they show the real character of a real Vietnamese community.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Mui Ne Staff

Suzy,

Go to the upper right hand corner of this page and click on "location of resorts and restaurants in Phan Thiet." On the most recent update you will find a description of the area in Ham Tien referred to as "Little Moscow". It really only consists of the west end of Rang Beach. Everything east of the Blue Ocean resort is really much more international, so one does not get overwhelmed by any particular ethnic group.

You will find a smaller percentage of Russian guests in Mui Ne, which consists of Suoi Nuoc and Ganh Beach (Full Moon Village, Mui Ne Bay resort, Pandanus Resort or Malibu resort), or in the city center of Phan Thiet (The Palms Resort, Novotel Resort, Park Diamond Hotel) or in Tien Thanh ward (Sand Hills Beach Resort, the Golden Coast Resort, Sea Lion II Resort, Sao Mai Resort, Green Papaya Organic Village, Saigon Suoi Nhum Resort and Doi Su Resort) or in Ke Ga (Fengshui Resort, Pegasus Resort, Rock Garden Spa Resort, Peaceful Resort and the Princess d’Annam Resort)

As for Beach Bars, Pogo and Fun Key have a real international mix of people. WAX is also international, but is more of a hangout for the local community, so there are lots of young Vietnamese there.

As for restaurants, most anything not in "Little Moscow" will have a real mix of clientele. Check the reviews for the restaurants (except Blue and Gold which is mostly self-promoted) to get a good idea about ambiance and quality.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Mui Ne Staff

Steve I hope I highlight the fact only refer to where i have been in Mui Ne, I am interested in everyone's thoughts. The russian section is certainly to be avoided, and Mui Ne is certainly worth a visit. Beautiful place.

I hope I get to the right section when I re visit.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Mui Ne Staff

Monoz,

The place that you are calling the "Russian section" is in Ham Tien, not in Mui Ne. There is no "Russian section" of Mui Ne. It is a Vietnamese town, a cape (Mui means cape) and a ward of Phan Thiet. The problem is that all the resorts and restaurants in Ham Tien ward use the name Mui Ne for marketing because it is the name that tourists know, which is very confusing to people who don't know the difference.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Mui Ne Staff

Steve, just to clarify I didn't mention a Russian Section maybe getting me confused with other posts, but thanks for the info and now I have a better understanding of Mui Ne.