We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anybody done kite surfing in mui-ne during may month?

kangayam
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Has anybody done kite surfing in mui-ne during may month?

I'm well aware that kitesurfing period ends by April in mui ne. But unfortunately I visit next month (may) end with a hope for luck to be on my side to learn that sport. Just curious to know about anybody done/doing Kite surfing in may. Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Karthik.

Vietnam Surf Soul
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Kite With Me – Kite & Surf School
Sailing Club Kite School
5 replies to this topic
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Has anybody done kite surfing in mui-ne during may month?

In order to kite surf you need wind and there is seldom any wind here in May. It is the time that the season is changing and going from the windy season that extends from November to April to the rainy season. During the rainy season, what winds there may be come from the south, rather from the east northeast, which is the direction from which they come during the windy season. Also, most of the time that there is any wind, it is during a rain storm, or when a front is going through.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,184 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Has anybody done kite surfing in mui-ne during may month?

Agree with Steve but you may be in luck, it's a bit of a wind lottery. Seasons all around the world are going through change.

Cheers Ross

kangayam
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Has anybody done kite surfing in mui-ne during may month?

Thanks a lot.

My flight reaches by 8 am in the morning. Can I head straight to mui Ne at that time?

I'm planning to board 109 bus after clearing immigration to reach Pham ngu Lao and catch a bus to mui Ne there.

Is it possible or too tiresome?

Edited: 01 May 2018, 07:31
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Has anybody done kite surfing in mui-ne during may month?

It's possible. Buses leave all day from Pham Ngu Lao. You can take Phuong Trang, Sinh Tourist, Tam Hanh or Hanh Cafe.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,184 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Has anybody done kite surfing in mui-ne during may month?

The Coach offices are along De Tham Street which is a T intersection with Pham Ngu Lao. Try to book a sitting bus rather than the sleepers as the sitting bus is more comfortable.

Cheers Ross

Reply to: Has anybody done kite surfing in mui-ne during may month?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted