We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday

Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
25 reviews
Family holiday

We are travelling as a family of 4 with 2 children aged 9 and 15 and thinking of staying 4 nights, is this too long or too short, and would you recommend we stay in a hotel or airbnb while there, when we leave mui be we were planning on going to nha trang before flying back to ho chi, what is the best way to get to nha trang please

Thanks

Level Contributor
996 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Family holiday

Hello, 4 days would be fine, I would stay in a hotel as any Airbnb places won't be in a convenient location. Ham Thien is the best location I believe, plenty of places to stay, I would go with a private transfer to Nhatrang, which can be organised by your hotel or any of the many travel agents in the area, go in a larger vehicle for comfort maybe a 12 seater. Hiep Hoa is a nice family run beachside resort with pool at an excellent price.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,136 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Family holiday

Ham Tien is really the destination that is known and sold as Mui Ne. There are Resorts and Hotels in Mui Ne but your options are much broader in Ham Tien. You don't say what time of year you are planning on, so I would suggest that you make yourselves aware of the heat from June to August as this can limit your daytime activities. This area is SE Asia's premier kite-surfing area so the wind does get up between 11am and 3pm. Your children may find this interesting.

Ham Tien is a very laid back type of place reminiscent of old Byron Bay or Noosa before it all happened. In the evening it has many restaurants and a trip to Joe's for a bit of music is popular. As Brent says Hiep Hoa is excellent value.

If you want to go on to Nha Trang you can take a 4 hour coach ride which is quite good or maybe a trip inland to Da Lat for a cooler time in the highlands. From there you can fly back to HCMC.

Cheers Ross

Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Family holiday

Having just recently returned from Mui Ne definitely book a hotel with beach access as we did and were fortunate we met many people frustrated at the limited beach access from other accommodation. I find this completely wrong. Wish it would stop.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,136 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Family holiday

There is a belief amongst some hotels that they own the beach which is quite wrong. The beaches of Vietnam are public. Problem is, some Resorts just make it difficult to get through. Any place that has a beachfront business will welcome visitors crossing through their property as it is good for business.

Its down to research, as the there are really inexpensive waterfront places in Ham Tien (the centre) where depending on seasons, rooms from $25 can be obtained online.

Cheers Ross

5. Re: Family holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2018, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Mui Ne