We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kosice parking

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Kosice parking

I will be taking a day trip to Kosice in September. I was there in 2006 and parked free in a large lot near what I think is now the Doubletree Hilton Hotel. Does any one have any advice for free parking clase to the center? Easy walk to the pedestrian area. I will be coming into the city from Tornyosnemeti, Hungary.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Kosice
Kosice
Kosice Region, Slovakia
Hungary
Hungary
Europe
4 replies to this topic
Kosice, Slovakia
Level Contributor
283 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kosice parking

LOL, free parking?!! I'm not aware of any free parking in the centre. The large car park you probably used in 2006 now has a shopping centre built on it. There's a car park directly outside Doubletree but it's a pay and display car park. Even McDonalds has a car park attendant and proof of visiting McD's is required to get you out of paying!

Parking is very difficult in Kosice. I can't even guarantee a place outside my flat which is about a 10 minute walk from the centre. Even getting a space in paid car parks can be a chore.

You could take a risk pulling off the main route and parking on one of the residential streets, or just park in a car park and pay the fee. There's an underground car park under Doubletree, too, or a car park at the other end of the main street behind Tesco, plus on street parking. Car parks really aren't that expensive compared to a lot of cities.

If you decide to risk parking outside a car park, make sure you look around to make sure it isn't a pay and display area. The police are very vigilent!

Mentioned in this post
Kosice
Kosice
Kosice Region, Slovakia
Wallingford...
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kosice parking

Thanks for posting. I thought it would be a shot in the dark, however I do not mind paying for parking close to the main street. Any recommendations for a casual lunch on main street? Preferrably outside to enjoy the sights and sounds.

Thanks again

Kosice, Slovakia
Level Contributor
283 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kosice parking

You're welcome.

My favourite restaurant is Med Malina. They're situated near to the plague column, up towards the Tesco end of Hlavna. Their food is very reasonable and tasty, and they have a lunch menu which is good value with quite a bit of variety - mainly regional dishes. http://www.medmalina.sk/

I hope you enjoy your visit!

Mentioned in this post
Med Malina
Med Malina
566 Reviews
Kosice, Slovakia
Wallingford...
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kosice parking

Thank you! Your advice has been helpful and I will definetely try Med malina. I have seen good reviews along with your recommedation. I know Hungary very well but have limited experience in Slovakia evenlthough my relatives live close by in BAZ county. If I have any other questions I will be looking forward to your opinions.

Mentioned in this post
Med Malina
Med Malina
566 Reviews
Kosice, Slovakia
Hungary
Hungary
Europe
Reply to: Kosice parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted