We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eastern Pyrenees: base and routes for hiking

Belguim
Level Contributor
267 posts
Eastern Pyrenees: base and routes for hiking

I'm planning a summer trip with my family (husband and two boys aged 7 and 9) to Barcelona. The main part of our holiday will be hiking in the mountains. We'll do Barcelona in a few days in the beginning or at the end of the holiday.

I would like to know your thoughts on where best to stay, about 2 to 3 hours from Barcelona. It would be nice to find a good base from which we can easily start off. We will have a hire car and don't mind doing the occasional half hour drive to somewhere special, but a few days without car would be nice aswell.

We like hiking and have 'done' the Alpujarras last year. Our children don't mind doing about 12K's a day. All tips and recommendations are welcome!

2 replies to this topic
D M
Buffalo, New York
1 post
2 reviews
1. Re: Eastern Pyrenees: base and routes for hiking

Hi, I just read this post from November 2012. I'm in the middle of planning a trip through the Pyrenees and on to Pamplona or that direction.

Wondering what you turned out doing and going.

Any thoughts on great sites to see and a place to stop over for a couple days?

dwight.wolflake@gmail.com

Belguim
Level Contributor
267 posts
2. Re: Eastern Pyrenees: base and routes for hiking

Hi DM

Our trip is this summer, so there's not much I can tell you from my own personal experience. Sorry!

Reply to: Eastern Pyrenees: base and routes for hiking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vall de Boi