We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help.

Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Please Help.

HELP!!! I narrowed down our Christmas getaway to TCI to two hotels. Sands at Grace Bay and Royal West Indies. We are excited to visit this paradise and celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. For those who have visited Provo before and know the area, which hotel should I chose?

54 replies to this topic
Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
306 reviews
1. Re: Please Help.

Hi Lorie-Ann! Congratulations on your upcoming 20th!

The Sands is a nice resort that is located on the edge of The Hub (Regent Village / Salt Mills Plaza) shopping and restaurant area on Grace Bay Road (10 minute walk). Nice beach with vacant lots on either side of The Sands.

Royal West Indies is located further east of The Hub. Its 19 minutes to walk along Grace Bay Road.

Are you planning to rent a car?

Troy, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Please Help.

I've stayed at the Sands and it is a very nice place with a good restaurant bar on site. Large beach area that never seems cramped. I've never stayed at RWI but the grounds are beautiful. This issue has been debated a lot by people who have been to both but you cannot go wrong with either of these 2 resorts. You could do a search of the forum and find out more.

THG is right if you call the Hub Regent Village, If you call the Hub Seven stars and caicos café plaza, the 2 resorts are the same distance away. Either way, a car is suggested to explore the island and walking at night is not suggested.

You'll love it!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,364 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Please Help.

I’ve stay at both, and would stay at both again.

I do think Sands you should have a car, it’s walkable but on a dark stretch.

I get a car anyway, so I can roam and explore

So toss a coin!

new york
Level Contributor
244 posts
86 reviews
4. Re: Please Help.

Heading to the RWI on Saturday. I think this I our 10th time staying there. I love the location and stretch of beach. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful. I have never been disappointed. I have never stayed at the Sands. Enjoy your trip wherever you decide to stay. It’s going to be amazing!!

5. Re: Please Help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 December 2018, 11:03

6. Re: Please Help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 December 2018, 11:03

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
306 reviews
7. Re: Please Help.

15678910, based on what proof do you have that RWI is not safe????????

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,364 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: Please Help.

Not a single crime towards a tourist has happened since the hurricanes more than a year ago.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Please Help.

15678910... Not sure what your agenda is tonight. I just tried to reply on another post of yours ( but it was just closed). You stated that a taxi ride from the airport was $25.00 per person. And stated that for 4 people that would be $100.00 plus tip.

Well, a taxi for two to OCW/ VDM (safe area) is $33.00. Each addional is 1/2 price. So, 4 people would be $49.50......half of what you stated.

Edited: 13 September 2018, 07:16
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,589 posts
93 reviews
10. Re: Please Help.

Have to disagree with 15678910. I believe RWI is a safe resort. As always, and no matter where you stay, don’t walk at night. Use a taxi or rent a vehicle.

Reply to: Please Help.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grace Bay