We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Point grace or seven stars

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
147 posts
14 reviews
Point grace or seven stars

My husband and I will be traveling without kids in March and are leaning towards Point Grace because we really want the quiet and romantic atmosphere. We have two concerns though - is there good drink service on the beach? This is really important to my husband and I had the sense from reading reviews that it might be better at seven stars. And is the location of point grace still good to walk to other restaurants for dinner?

The reason I am comparing to Seven Stars is we can get a comparable price there. But I am concerned there will be too many kids around and Amal about construction noise! But if service and location are better....Thanks.

11 replies to this topic
York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
691 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Point grace or seven stars

If you want a quiet, large, beach with few kids then Point Grace would be the place. Quiet zone in pool area too so no loud noise. Naturally, there are a lot more children and people at Seven Stars since it’s much larger. I have not stayed at Seven Stars, but Point Grace set you up with an ice bucket with water and bring fresh fruit while on the beach. There has been beach service each time we have gone and they ask if you would like anything. We don’t usually drink or eat while at the beach - so we just drank the water provided. We walked to many restaurants while daylight - 8-10 minute walk. If dark however, I would take a taxi. Grace’s Cottage on-site is lovely. You will need to take a cab to Coco Bistro if you plan to dine there. My husband and I love this place since we like privacy and are done with the families with children and crowded vacations thing since we are older.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 16:29
Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Point grace or seven stars

Point Grace is one of our favorite resorts on Grace Bay (8+x), although we never stayed at Seven Stars (just too big for us). PG is a smaller boutique resort that is now managed by The Grace Bay Club people. There is always a beach attendant (great guys) around, all you have to do is ask them for a drink or the food menu and they will deliver. Housekeeping is 2x daily, small breakfast buffet that is included and discounted drinks and free apps at the pool bar daily 5 to 6pm.

We walked to many restaurants and back in March because there seemed to always be people out and about on the main road. You could walk there and taxi back. They also have free bikes to take with baskets for quick trips to the IGA or shopping.

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
307 reviews
3. Re: Point grace or seven stars

Point Grace, no question. If you are looking for a romantic place for just the two of you, that's PG. Its a small, beautiful resort that has undeveloped land on both sides of the resort. This makes it feel like you have the entire beach to yourself. PG is located just west of the Regent Village / Salt Mill Plaza hub where there are a bunch of restaurants and shops.

Grace's Cottage, PG's restaurant, has a wonderful chocolate souffle too.

Troy, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Point grace or seven stars

I think the Seven Stars location is much better for walking to restaurants and shops but we rent a car so we don't really place a lot of value on that. For quiet and romantic atmosphere, Point Grace wins hands down. It is really quiet. With just 28 suites, there simply aren't that many people around and there are two small empty lots next to them (for now) and the beach is expansive. We never ordered drinks but the beach attendant guys are always there and I am sure they would've gotten anything we needed. With just 7 groups of people on the beach (max for when we stayed), service would be great. We took the bikes to town to shop one morning and loved the underground parking that our suite provided (with elevators). On the beach there was fruit brought to us in the morning, sorbet in the afternoon and like Ajax says, appetizers at happy hour at the bar. Combined with the continental breakfast in the am, there was a lot of food there!! We loved our stay there and wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

new york
Level Contributor
306 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Point grace or seven stars

Since this is a romantic holiday, why not stay at Point Grace or Grace Bay Club. Both re great and actually train their staff. I believe Seven Stars also does. The Palms, they have a high turnover rate so ..... however, at the Palms if you pay henupgrade formbutler Service , you have the world.

new york
Level Contributor
306 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Point grace or seven stars

Sorry, meant to type, if at the Palm you pay for a butler service suite, you have the world, really. The regular rooms and suites, housekeeping is not good and the resort has not kept up with infrastructure. You can check out other reviews. I am not making this up. The staff likes to talk to each other instead of taking care of the guests who are paying for them to be employed. However, be patient, if you tip meaning over $5.00, you can get better service at the pool/ beach area even the outdoor pool restaurant. The employees pay attention. Seven Stars and Grace Bay does not do this. Service is service.

new york
Level Contributor
306 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Point grace or seven stars

Just so you know, I have been on Grace Bay over seven times during the past five years. Love it there and always will. Great island. One just needs to pay attention to service for the high cost.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: Point grace or seven stars

What did you decide OP

A note on the “Too many kids around” at SS. We’ve never witnessed it after 15 trips even on holidays. 90% of the kids on the plane are Beaches bound, 95% kids that can run are Beaches bound. At SS you will see some young families who generally leave the pool early and are very quiet. We actually wouldn’t mind seeing more kids and less adults.

Kids in boutique hotels may be more noticeable if they around but at PG most likely not. I’ll take 30 kids on a large resorts like SS over 3 in Tuscany for example

The irony here is that we prefer boutique hotels everywhere else but in Provo we just don’t see the right fit. The beachfront at PG just doesn’t look very inviting but that could be a personal choice

Pittsburgh,Pa
Level Contributor
407 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Point grace or seven stars

Hello,

We are at 7 Stars now and loving it! We did go to Grace’ s Cottage the other night and thought, “wow it would be great to stay here”! (PGs restaurant)

The issue for us isn’t the children as almost all we have seen are well- behaved ones. It’s the adults. We have had several various groups of folks yelling and carousing. But yesterday we discovered the adult only “quiet” deck which was heavenly. We wish we would have spotted this on day one. Nice wooden lounge chairs with thick padding and just about a 10 yard further walk to the beach.

Seven Stars is more centrally located but an extra 5-10 min walk from PG wouldn’t be terrible. We rented a car for the week this trip.

If you seek peace and romance like we often do, I would suggest PG.

Pittsburgh,Pa
Level Contributor
407 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Point grace or seven stars

Hello,

We are at 7 Stars now and loving it! We did go to Grace’ s Cottage the other night and thought, “wow it would be great to stay here”! (PGs restaurant)

The issue for us isn’t the children as almost all we have seen are well- behaved ones. It’s the adults. We have had several various groups of folks yelling and carousing. But yesterday we discovered the adult only “quiet” deck which was heavenly. We wish we would have spotted this on day one. Nice wooden lounge chairs with thick padding and just about a 10 yard further walk to the beach.

Seven Stars is more centrally located but an extra 5-10 min walk from PG wouldn’t be terrible. We rented a car for the week this trip.

If you seek peace and romance like we often do, I would suggest PG.

Reply to: Point grace or seven stars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grace Bay