We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing for baby

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Packing for baby

Hi everyone, I will be heading to grace bay in two weeks. I have a nine month old baby and am trying to figure out how to pack. I was debating between packing food pouches, snacks, extra wipes, diapers or just buying these things when I got to the island. Is it super expensive to buy these items? Any input would be great. Im Worried about going over weight limit with luggage. Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing for baby

Also what about things like baby inflatable pool, a pool float?

Level Contributor
318 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing for baby

Absolutely bring what you can. Baby items are extremely expensive on island and sometimes you can't get your preferred brand. The cost of an overweight bag will still be less than buying your needs on island.

Don't know about an inflatable pool but I always see kiddos and babies in small float type things.

Have fun and safe travels.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 20:49
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing for baby

Would definitely bring your preferred brand of baby products. Just pack an extra suitcase. We always bring a duffle bag filled with our snorkel stuff and beach stuff. You can actually buy a small blow up pool at target and bring it with you. We bring our floats in our duffle bag as well. (Our kids are older)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing for baby

Bring EVERYTHING that you or your baby is at all particular about. There is very little variety in the stores there, so it's highly likely you might not find half the items you're looking for. We traveled with everything: wipes, diapers, swim diapers, sunscreen, pouches, snacks, formula (if needed) etc. Bring your car seat too!

It's sooooo freeing once they're out of diapers! Now we go carry-on only!!!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing for baby

Thank you everyone! We are going to bring everything!

New Milford...
Level Contributor
243 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing for baby

There is a good selection of food pouches but everything else you should definitely bring. We took our ten month old and it was peaceful knowing we had everything and confirmed when we went to look at the stores that selection was scarce.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
610 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing for baby

Less relevant since it's hot in NYC now (though you'll probably be outside more in t&c), but assume your baby will be a lot thirstier, so pack extra formujla (if relevant) and diapers. Also remember most airlines allow you to check baby supplies for free (stroller, car seat, etc) so if you plan on bringing one of those and have a carrying case for it, you can always through some extra stuff in those bags.

Reply to: Packing for baby
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grace Bay
Recent Conversations