We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities for a toddler

Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Activities for a toddler

Hello! We’re traveling with our 1 and 1/2 year old toddler and staying at Ocean Club West. Can anyone recommend toddler-friendly activities/plans/beaches or destinations? Thanks!

27 replies to this topic
Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Activities for a toddler

Toddlers that age only require 1 activity.......you!

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
307 reviews
2. Re: Activities for a toddler

I can appreciate mom and dad wanting to also enjoy their vacation on Provo and take in Grace Bay, but why would you want to know about activities for a 1 1/2 year old. Just asking, have you asked your parents or in-laws to stay with the toddler at your home? This might not be an option for you and I can appreciate that. Personally, we always took care of our 3 girls when they went on vacation with us. For mom and dad getaways (Provo), they would stay with grandparents in the States.

Good luck.

London,Ont...
Level Contributor
665 posts
3. Re: Activities for a toddler

I was going to say exactly the same thing (but was resisting making comment)

Get down in the sand on your knees and have fun.

Nothing wrong with having a camera in the other hand to capture the moments.

Rash guard, large brimmed hat,

Someone will chime in and say head over to Sapodilla bay. (very shallow) might be a good excuse for an afternoon outing. (consider Las Brisas for lunch if you head over there)

Big bird and Cookie monster do not make a vacation, involved / interactive parents do.

(Just my opinion)

Enjoy, the property is wonderful.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Activities for a toddler

We’ve stayed on Provo many times with our kiddos from age 7 months and up. My advice:

Rent a car and bring your car seat from home and use it in the flight

Don’t underestimate the joy of the beach

Bring several full-length rash guard sets

Go on the UnderSea Explorer - our kids love this EVERY trip

Taylor Bay is our favorite beach - low tide is ankle deep (it’s my avatar picture)

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Activities for a toddler

I also held back. We were on Provo a few yrs ago with our then almost 2 yr old gd. Loved playing in the sand with a shovel and bucket with her. We also walked a Potcake which she loved as she's a huge animal lover.

She also loved the music at the fish fry and got her groove on there! Wonderful memories!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Activities for a toddler

Find Harry at OCW and he will get you sand toys and your baby will have a blast playing. The pool is great too.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,456 posts
93 reviews
7. Re: Activities for a toddler

The only things I can think of are pool, beach, sand, play with beach ball on the sand, and undersea explorer. Other than the undersea explorer, TCI doesn’t offer activities for young ones.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 09:19
Level Contributor
624 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Activities for a toddler

Playland indoor park on regent village may be worth a visit.

Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Activities for a toddler

Mm ok We Come From the type of culture where children don't hinder our adult life and we find ourselves having to leave them

Behind with their grandmother. He'a traveled with us to 7 different countries since he was 2mo. I was just wondering if there was anything special for such a young child, but as always with our trips we'll have the best memories with him. Thanks!

Edited: 04 August 2018, 17:14
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
25 reviews
10. Re: Activities for a toddler

I'd take him to the snorkeling area at Coral Gardens. Even from shore you might be able to see fish swimming or other marine life in the shallow water. Also walking along Grace Bay you may see starfish in water shallow enough to carry him out so he can see them through the water as well. Enjoy!

Reply to: Activities for a toddler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grace Bay