We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World's Most Caffeinated Cities

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,513 posts
6,406 reviews
Save Topic
World's Most Caffeinated Cities

So you like cafes and sipping a coffee or tea during your holidays. Here is a list of the world's most caffeinated cities (see link).

cntraveler.com/galleries/…1

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,734 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World's Most Caffeinated Cities

Great list there BradJill.

No surprises that Melbourne is on that list, and the others are indeed some of the places I've enjoyed some great coffees.

Now a really quick sideways thought.

We know that large doses of caffeine can affect your motor skills. So with that in mind, I wonder if there's any correlating information about clumsiness in those cities? And to take that one step further - and take a real good look at those cities listed - whether the bad motor skills, correlate to bad driving skills? 😊

Apologies, back to the regular scheduled program. Coffee is good.

Edited: 03 February 2015, 12:49
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: World's Most Caffeinated Cities

Singapore ranked #13, how lucky!

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
654 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World's Most Caffeinated Cities

I would have been surprised if Oslo had not been on this list. I worked at a college and in the summertime we hosted a group of Norwegian educators. They liked their coffee very, very strong. A coffee urn in the cafeteria was specially marked for them so no unsuspecting Americans accidentally drank it!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,311 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: World's Most Caffeinated Cities

Is this list by rankings ?

5. Re: World's Most Caffeinated Cities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions