We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The World's Best Steakhouses

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
The World's Best Steakhouses

Now if you ever needed a reason to travel there is none better than a great steak. Be you a strip, sirloin or T-bone lover you will certainly find your red meat fix here at one of these splendid locals.

Another reason I have got to get to Australia ...I have got to try that Australian Wagyu

askmen.com/fine_living/…19_wine_dine.html

elitetraveler.com/features/the-best-steak-in…

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The World's Best Steakhouses

Somehow this did not link in my OP but just one more to flame the fires on the grill of discussion cntraveller.com/recommended/food/best-steak-…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,024 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The World's Best Steakhouses

Outstanding lists, and I sit here salivating in my mind.

Speaking of powerful steak destinations, Chicago across the board easily matches some of the other well known cities with a big steak reputation. Gibson and Benny's stick out in my mind. And at the risk of getting ran over by New Yorkers, I'm going to say Keen's is better than Peter Luger, and Gibsons is better than both.

Great read Sebesz, thanks for sharing.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,372 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The World's Best Steakhouses

Man .....that pic of Steak here........wooofff !!!!

elitetraveler.com/features/the-best-steak-in…

I agree with Keens over Luger. Keens also wins on Location and ease (credit card)

Edited: 10 December 2014, 18:56
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,574 posts
6,440 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The World's Best Steakhouses

SEBESZ,

This might be the best post in the history of Tripadvisor. I love it! What a great thread to help kick-off the new Food And Travel forum. Thanks for that.

idrinkwater and KVE, you will be glad to note that we have reservations at Keen's in a couple weeks time and are not visiting Luger's this time around.

We should start a separate thread for Top Steak Cities in the World. Anyone want to take the lead?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,574 posts
6,440 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The World's Best Steakhouses

More on the subject of eating steak when traveling....

World's Most expensive steak

firstwefeast.com/eat/…

*Note all are Japanese varieties

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,574 posts
6,440 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The World's Best Steakhouses

Another Top Ten Steak House ranking from AskMen

askmen.com/fine_living/…19b_wine_dine.html

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The World's Best Steakhouses

BradJill nice addition and I cannot help but notice again at #6 there is that Australian Wagyu again

I have got to get me some of that ... :)

Best

SEBESZ

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,560 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The World's Best Steakhouses

OK, not a steakhouse , but the Westbury Hotel, Dublin is mmmm! Ireland is an unbeatable beefy destination... as is Spain. I wish remember the tiny restaurant in Granada where my veggie friend happily converted back to a carnivore.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
25,572 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The World's Best Steakhouses

I'm not really a big steak eater, so generally avoid them in most parts of the world to eat what that country offers that's more 'local'. However, when in Rome .....

So, on our most recent extended road trip in the USA, we ended up eating a few steaks as we spent a considerable amount of time in Texas and Texans do seem to consider that they almost 'own' the idea of a steak, it seems. However, the best steak we ate that trip was in Oklahoma City at the Cattleman's Steak house. It was actually the cheapest - how can you go wrong?

I've eaten Kobe and other sought after beef in Japan, and the equivalent Wagyu in Australia. Yes, their excellent, but as on none of the occasions that I ate this was it served as a 'steak' I have discounted this. The best beef we had in Japan, incidentally, was Hida beef - equally highly prized, but less well know outside the country.

SWT

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,574 posts
6,440 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The World's Best Steakhouses

SussexWorldtraveller,

A big welcome to the new Food and Travel forum.

We just so happen to have eaten at Cattleman's in Oklahoma City (USA) and would agree that this is a really special place for steak. Perhaps the lower cost of living in that part of the States but the prices are less than half what I would pay for a average or even mediocre steak here in Hong Kong. Great mention on your part, thanks for the reminder of the very good, excellent value for money steakhouse in OKC.

Get answers to your questions