We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Allergy Friendly Resort in Riveria Maya, Mexico.

Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
113 posts
73 reviews
Great Allergy Friendly Resort in Riveria Maya, Mexico.

We just returned from a 6-day family vacation to Grand Velas in Maya Riviera. I wanted to post about how incredible they were with accommodating my son's severe allergies to nuts and peanuts. We emailed back and forth beforehand and made all our reservations. I was nervous because there were Mexican, Asian, & buffet restaurants, which can all be dicey. When we arrived, we were assigned an employee that walked us through every step. She told us how to handle every restaurant. She had our son order his meal early so it would be prepared correctly, personally found us every couple hours and introduced us to the manager at every area so we could order anything directly from a manager. At the buffet for breakfast, the chef always came out to guide us. We haven't ever had this level of service --not even at Disney. It isnNice to know there are places outside the US that are safe.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
22,144 posts
292 reviews
1. Re: Great Allergy Friendly Resort in Riveria Maya, Mexico.

You might want to open a thread on the traveling with Disabilities Forum, there are inquiries regarding Food / Nut Allergies that this info would be most helpful for other travellers.

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowForum-g1-i123…

Edited: 24 February 2017, 07:44
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,329 posts
1,800 reviews
2. Re: Great Allergy Friendly Resort in Riveria Maya, Mexico.

I would also do a Review of that property, including the above comments. Same for a Trip Report, on the applicable Destination Forum.

Though not severe, my wife has a bi-valve allergy, which is a concern.

We have always had great responses, and assistance from chefs around the world, regarding her allergy.

I am glad the this resort was so very accommodating - well done!

Hunt

3. Re: Great Allergy Friendly Resort in Riveria Maya, Mexico.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2018, 10:47
Get answers to your questions