We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refunds from FIFA?

ireland
Level Contributor
598 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Refunds from FIFA?

Has anyone got refunded money for tickets that were returned to FIFA yet?

Vienna, Austria
4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Refunds from FIFA?

I received a message from them a week and a half ago (just before the 4 week dead-line) the message is a poor attempt to extend their deadline and reads as follows:

"We are writing to you with regard to the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ match tickets that you submitted for possible resale via the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ Ticket Transfer Platform on www.fifa.com/2010.

The 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre is currently processing refunds for those customers whose Tickets were successfully resold via the Ticket Transfer Platform. You will receive next week a communication confirming the status of the Tickets that you have returned for resale.

Yours sincerely,

2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre"

Vienna, Austria
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Refunds from FIFA?

I wrote fifa a response to this asking them to move themselves to action, but surprise - no answer

I might suggest to make a claim you point out similar points

"Dear FIFA,

I recieved today an e-mail communication regarding the proceeds from my re-sold FIFA World Cup 2010 tickets. In this e-mail it was stated that, and I quote,

"You will receive next week a communication confirming the status of the Tickets that you have returned for resale".

With all respects, I had followed the status of my tickets at the time of re-sale and through the FIFA world-cup website at https:/… I am already able to see that all my tickets had been successfully re-sold. More-over in the FIFA website regarding transfer and re-sales policy entitled "When will I receive the proceeds from the resale?" it is clearly stated and again I quote,

"If your Tickets are resold, resale proceeds will be provided no later than 4 weeks following the final match of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™. If the Ticket Applicant paid for Tickets using a payment card (other than FNB/Visa Official Mascot Prepaid Cards), resale proceeds will be provided to the Ticket Applicant by way of a credit to the Ticket Applicant’s payment card."

As the last game of the FIFA World Cup 2010 occurred on the 11th of July 2010, the proceeds should be made available tomorrow, on Sunday the 08th of August. Instead of the proceeds I will receive an e-mail confirming the status of the re-sale, when it is again clearly stated that

"The Ticket Applicant is responsible for determining the status of his resale request, and may do so by checking on the summary within his “View your application” menu item, contacting the FWCTC call centre or asking about the status at a FIFA Ticketing Centre. The applicant is also responsible for making sure that he has provided the FWCTC with an effective method of providing payment of the resale proceeds, and should check with the FWCTC if the status of the request indicates that the Tickets have been resold, but no resale proceeds have been received within the time period identified, to make sure that there was not a problem with the payment method provided by the Ticket Applicant."

It is therefore my responsibility to track the progress of my tickets, as I have done, and it is clear that a technical problem is not the issue, as your last e-mail clearly states that FIFA have not released the fees and have no intention of releasing the fees in the next week, or longer.

I would like to remind FIFA that they were under contract to return the proceeds of the sales within this four week period - they have egregiously flaunted their own commitments, and this latest e-mail is a very poor attempt to abate the impatience and unhappiness of FIFA's creditors. As FIFA are based in Zurich, under the Swiss law of contracts (Art. 104 CO), FIFA are subject to a late payment fee of 5%, which I would expect to receive. Furthermore, FIFA, should the delay continue, will also be responsible for damages and losses incurred by me as a direct result of FIFA's failure to honor their agreement and my subsequent inability to meet my obligations towards my own creditors.

I would also like to remind FIFA that no clause can require an individual to sign away their rights and the law is to be applied as stated. Based on the explicit and written commitments given to me by FIFA I have prepared my own personal arrangements on the expectation of these funds being returned within a timely manner, and if I can expect no "special understanding" from my creditors, I fail to see reason why FIFA should expect such.

Kind regards,"

Vienna, Austria
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Refunds from FIFA?

I received a message from them a week and a half ago (just before the 4 week dead-line) the message is a poor attempt to extend their deadline and reads as follows:

"We are writing to you with regard to the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ match tickets that you submitted for possible resale via the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ Ticket Transfer Platform on www.fifa.com/2010.

The 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre is currently processing refunds for those customers whose Tickets were successfully resold via the Ticket Transfer Platform. You will receive next week a communication confirming the status of the Tickets that you have returned for resale.

Yours sincerely,

2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre"

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
79 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Refunds from FIFA?

Bjmc999,

Well written, I might have to send that over myself.

It's incredibly frustrating to see how FIFA is deliberately taking advantage of us. I received the same email as the rest of you regarding that an email will be sent within the week, which obviously hasn't happened.

On top of it, we can no longer access our ticket history page. I wonder if this is a coincidence?!

If anyone receives any news or a response from FIFA, be sure to post it here! I'm starting to get worried that I will be screwed out of nearly $1000USD.

Charlottesville...
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Refunds from FIFA?

I too rec'd the email from FIFA saying they will be sending out refunds next week and it is now over a week and still no refund so I am very concerned too.

The web site said that my tickets were sold, so the email now saying, "your possible resale" is also very disturbing. You would expect a better level of professionalism from FIFA? Not so? I just hope they will do the right thing and refund our money back, but honestly I do smell a rat here and I think FIFA might just shaft us all!!

Anyone else get this email?

Southampton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Refunds from FIFA?

Hi guys,

I'm in the same situation as yourselves. I had 2 x England TST3 tickets which i put up for resale, they successfully sold. I logged in during the competition and it said they were put to resale, i was not happy so emailed Fifa. I eventually got a reply with a screen print off them saying they were sold. I recieved the same email as the rest of you guys a week and a half ago and have been phoning fifa up to find out what is going on only to be told that they'll take my number and get someone to ring me back. Obviously i haven't heard a thing! I am tempted to go to the papers etc and see if any of them are interested in exposing Fifa as a bunch of crooks! As they are in breach of contract i expect some kind of compensation as the situation is not good enough.

Charlottesville...
3 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Refunds from FIFA?

I also just noticed that they have taken another 9% off the amount to refund in addition to the $20 refund fee!!!!

I think this is really bad of FIFA and something should be done!

Melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Refunds from FIFA?

I'm still waiting for the refund too. On two seprate occassions I was told tickets would be refunded 28 days after the final and I didn't receive the follow up email last week as they had said I would the previous week.

I just called the ticketing number and they said someone would call me back but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Have sent another email asking for confirmation as to what date the refund is scheduled for and the reason for the delay.

This stinks.

Vienna, Austria
4 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Refunds from FIFA?

Haha,

yes true, after the first BS message about "we will tell you about your ticket's possible resale status next week", I never heard anything back ...

P.S. @ dotunakin: What is this about an additional 9% fee, that is not in the agreement (you sure that isn't just due to currency fluctuation?) .... they better be giving me an extra 9% if anything!

Charlottesville...
3 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Refunds from FIFA?

I finally did get my refund this morning..... and yes they take an additional 9% on top of the $20 fee and labeled them as "administrative fees". I am writing back to ask for an explanation of this.

I bought two FTST-4 at $1496 and sold them one at a time, but only got refunded $1320 instead of $1496 less two $20 fees.

Get answers to your questions