We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip from Texas to Utah

7 posts
Save Topic
Road Trip from Texas to Utah

Myself, girlfriend and my German Shepherd are looking to take a 1-2week trip to Utah in December 2018. Dates aren't finalized, but likely weeks leading up to Christmas.

We could either leave from Houston, or Amarillo depending on what route we take. I'm looking for suggestions on routes to take both to and from Utah back to Texas, and cool things to do along the way. (What to see, eat, camp,etc...)

As well as suggestions in Utah. Nothing is planned yet, as we want to see what others have enjoyed and suggest!!

I'll be in my F250 and will likely have a small camper

Thanks in advanced!!

2 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
34,287 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip from Texas to Utah

If planning to visit national parks pets are very restricted. You cannot leave them unattended in hotel rooms or campsites. They are not allowed on trails, visitor centers and restaurants.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,359 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip from Texas to Utah

In that time frame ... I suggest West Texas, Big Bend NP. Consider Southern New Mexico & Arizona areas as well... Most Utah attractions may, involve Winter driving conditions & (without on-board heat)uncomfortable camping... Happy trails ... carracar

Reply to: Road Trip from Texas to Utah
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted