We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
479 posts
9 reviews
31 helpful votes
Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style

Going to Israel IN June. Gonna be HOT!

Need to pack light & stuff that maybe I could handwash at night & it'd be dry by morning....

Brand Recommendations? (I am a lady). :)

9 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
263 reviews
135 helpful votes
1. Re: Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style

You can find anything you need at Costco.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
10,600 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style

welcome,

some unsolicited advice, comments, thoughts..

- im an older solo male traveler, so what i have bought and used, you may not be able to get in your sex.

- If this is a one off trip, you may just take what you have and deal with it as it comes.

- if you plan to travel more in the future, then i would look at some travel clothes but it will depend on what you think you will need too. If you do short trips, you maybe able to get buy with what you have. I travel for 1 month, so i choose to buy.

- some people love cotton 24/7/365. I do. but on my travels i bought all synthetic outtter clothes. They are fast drying, light weight ...ect.

- my undies and sox are merino wool. The undies are lightweight, the sox are medium weight for cushion value.

heres a link to a post on the solo board. It asked about the same question and you can readup on the replys and my listing of what brands i have bought/tried.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12…

- i will state the the clothes i have brought on my trips i have ended up washing in the sink from time to time. Most if not all are dry, but sometmes the pants dont get fully dry and its mostly around the waist band part where there is more material. My merino wool undies are dry without issue. The sox can be dampish in the morning sometimes. I usually try to wash anything and give them about 8+ hours to dry of course that will depend on temperature and humidity.

good luck

Edited: 28 November 2018, 10:08
Italy
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
3. Re: Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style

It's not the brand it's the material.

Cotton isn't a good choice. Think of wet jeans how long do they take to dry?

The sort of stuff that is used for sports wear on the other hand will dry virtually instantaneously.

New York
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
4. Re: Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style

In Israel depending on where you go you may need to cover your shoulders or have a longer skirt or pants.

Wick away fabrics are easy to wash and hang dry.

I am a woman and personally like Eddie Bauer Infinity Shirts because they can be neat casual with nice pants or a skirt or be comfortable on a hiking trail.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
230 reviews
122 helpful votes
5. Re: Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style

No lack of washers and dryers and clothing stores in Israel.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
7,923 posts
320 reviews
199 helpful votes
6. Re: Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style

Seems silly but for me travel in hot places means polyester. It can be hot but dries fast and can be easily washed and dries by hanging in the room overnight. Do take trousers or long skirts and shortsleeved tops and carry a scarf/pashmina in case you need to cover your head.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12,441 posts
158 reviews
169 helpful votes
7. Re: Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style

I used loose cotton in Egypt with temps to 50 Celcius....but non see through gauze cotton that was lightweight, appropriate and quick to dry. Think broomstick skirts and 3/4 sleeve tunic type tops.

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
21 reviews
8 helpful votes
8. Re: Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style

Bought a pair of these 6 years ago for a trip to eastern Africa. They have worn beautifully and are still my favorite pants for travel. Dry super quick, convert to shorts: https:/…

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
9,516 posts
73 reviews
55 helpful votes
9. Re: Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style

For Israel bring a light weight pashmina/shawl to cover your chest and shoulders where necessary.

Reply to: Best Clothing Brands-Lightweight, Easy to Hdwash/Dry, Style
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted