I'm currently looking for a good durable travel pack to take with me on my travels. I have narrowed it down to my top 3 options (however I am open to any other suggestions as well):
- Porter 46 https:/…porter-46-PORTER46.html
- Fairview 40 (female version of the farpoint) https:/…fairview-40-FAIRVEW40_706.html
- Fairview 55 (female version of the farpoint) https:/…fairview-55-2017
What I like about these bags:
- front loading
- detachable day pack on the 55 (42L main bag + 13L Daypack)
- durable/lifetime warranty
- carry-on size option (for the 40 and 46)
- straps that can tuck away for flights
- comfortable straps/support/padding on the fairview
Next year I will be embarking on a SEA trip, however I plan to do much more travelling after this, and want to get lot's of use from my bag (i.e. using it through europe, south america, etc.).
So my question is... What do you all suggest/recommend? Experiences with these bags - good or bad? Are the straps on the porter significantly uncomfortable (as I plan to do trekking as well)? Is carry-on size really all that handy? I feel that the 40L would not be enough space at all because I plan to take camera gear, buy souvenirs, and also eventually use the bag in different climates as well. Currently i am leaning toward the Porter 46 or Fairview 55 due to the extra space.
Thanks in advance :)Edited: 23 August 2017, 10:19