We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon to Egypt

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon to Egypt

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Tripadvisor, but reading through all reviews i think u guys would be a great help (hopefully).

Me and my fiance are getting married in 3weeks!! and to be honest in all the hassle we havent had time to book honeymoon :(, we both want to go to Egypt and see the pyrimids as well as nile cruise and visiting different places like the valley of kings and queens. In terms of hotel, we are after a honeymoon suit or somthing for honeymoon standard but has either a private pool (plunge pool) or a private jacuzzi? i have tried looking everywhere but have no luck :(. I dont want to go sharm el sheikh as i heard it is extremely touristy. I dont mind internal flights about an hour or 2 at most to travel around but no longer than that. we are looking to go for around 10nights.

Thank you in advance or any help :)

znojmo
Level Contributor
467 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon to Egypt

I've been to Egypt 3 times but i really wouldn't fancy it in August due to the heat, and i like heat but once it goes over a certain temp then nothing is enjoyable.

Anyway we went to Marsa Alam in March which was good though it is very resort based,

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
51 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon to Egypt

I agree that August maybe a bit too hot to go to Egypt. However if you still wanted to go there, a cruise on the Nile is the best way to see all the sights. There are various type of cruise and different length but we were there for 7 nights and we found it was sufficient. Fly from Cairo to Aswan to take the cruise from there and leave at Luxor to fly back to Cairo. Of course, you would have to stay in Cairo for a few nights to see the pyramids etc.

Windsor, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon to Egypt

Egypt has only 2 seasons and May to October are hot summer months. Temperatures are slightly lower in Red Sea and the Sinai Peninsula. Hurghada can be combined with Aswan and Luxor for a cultural tour of the Nile Valley and a beach holiday. It boasts of clear waters and secluded beaches, so great for honeymoon. One can also enjoy world class scuba diving. A balloon flight over Luxor gives a spectacular view of the ancient monuments in the morning sun. There are some great coastal resorts to choose from.

Edited: 07 August 2012, 13:19
4. Re: Honeymoon to Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 08:48