We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Getaway Ideas

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Getaway Ideas

I'm looking for some ideas for a romantic tropical vacation. I'll be using Marriott points so will need to stay at a Marriott Resort. I'm looking for beaches, scuba diving, and some sort of inland activities. I was thinking St. Kitts but wanted to see if others had some ideas. Total trip length will be 7 days or so days and I'll be traveling with my girlfriend.

Thanks!

Edited: 02 July 2012, 01:11
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Getaway Ideas

By the way this is in early August.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Getaway Ideas

St. Kitts is a beautiful island. Grand Cayman and St. Thomas also have Marriott resorts and offer what you're looking for. Grand Cayman would have the best diving.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,527 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Getaway Ideas

I have stayed at the Marriott on Grand Cayman as well as the one on St. Kitts. You should be aware that your trip is during hurricane season so there is some gamble. The Marriott Grand Cayman is really a very mediocre hotel. The primary issue is that the beach is lousy. There is a concrete wall between the hotel and the beach due to a lack of distance and very little sand.

The St. Kitts Marriott was very very nice with a man made rock surf break just off shore with good snorkeling. You may want to also consider the Marriott Curaçao as Curaçao is outside of the hurricane belt. We spent a week in Curaçao at the Hilton which is next door to the Marriott. We walked through the Marriott and it looked great.

Edited: 02 July 2012, 09:24
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,527 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Getaway Ideas

I should have added that you can consider the Marriott in Aruba. We have stayed there 4 times and it is great.

5. Re: Romantic Getaway Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 November 2012, 22:05
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,157 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Getaway Ideas

Old post....the op's travel date was August 2012...................

7. Re: Romantic Getaway Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 16:48
Get answers to your questions