We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestions for budget Honeymoon?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any suggestions for budget Honeymoon?

Hey guys, although i'm not even married yet, the topic of the honeymoon has been on my mind! I have no idea where to start looking. It's going to have to be pretty budget.

Here are some of my requirements for the honeymoon:

1. Not many children (I would prefer if it wasn't too noisy, the more secluded and private the better)

2. Safe (Preferably not in a country that isn't stable, eg Iraq, Egypt, Mexico--drug wars etc)

3. Have a beach (doesn't really matter if it's artificial or natural, private or shared, although it would be nice if it were private)

4. Cool temperature or with air conditioning (my partner can't live without a cool temperature)

5. Budget friendly.

I'm not very familiar with the budgets of other honeymoons, but i'm going to try and just say maybe $300-500 per night max?

Some locations i've considered are boracay, maldives, phuket. I'm from Singapore by the way, so price of airfare has to be taken into consideration as well. When we do go for our honeymoon, both of us would have only worked for about 2 years (hence the need for a budget honeymoon)

Thanks in advance to all suggestions and advice from the more experienced members!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,169 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestions for budget Honeymoon?

Hi Abby - private beach and budget friendly is a big ask. One place that springs to mind would be Rebak Island Resort, basically an island just off Langkawi. There's nothing there other than a marina and the hotel, and it's fairly low key, giving a good sense of privacy. Can't guarantee no kids, but there's not a lot to do for them there.

The rooms are stunning, many of them having views over the Andaman Sea. There's a fairly regular boat service across to Langkawi also, should your feet get a little itchy.

Langkawi itself also isn't a bad option, look at somewhere like the Berjaya, or the Casa Del Mar for somewhere with a little more life and more centrally places for things to do.

Edited: 27 June 2012, 23:32
znojmo
Level Contributor
467 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestions for budget Honeymoon?

Khao lak Thailand. won't satisfy all your requirements but can't think of anywhere that will. google temperatures and rainfall charts for your choices for the period you are going. it's surprising that some people don't do this.

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any suggestions for budget Honeymoon?

I've been to Boracay few years back and I would say it is perfect over there. How about Bali in Indonesia, that would be good too. Good luck with your honeymoon place hunting.

Cork, Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any suggestions for budget Honeymoon?

I just came back from Mexico and its very safe. Very private and very romantic.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any suggestions for budget Honeymoon?

Why don't you look at Himalayas in India. Recently i took a group from Singapore to Nainital. They told no big hills in Singapore though many beaches around. With your budget you will be pampered like a king and queen. India is a cheap destination.

You can add a visit to monument of love -Tajmahal in Agra.

deepak

Edited: 03 July 2012, 12:23
6. Re: Any suggestions for budget Honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 03:48