We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40th Holiday Suggestions

Leicestershire...
2 posts
40th Holiday Suggestions
Save

Hello, I am looking to take my partner away for her 40th in January. However I need some suggestions of places abroad that has nice weather and is lgbt friendly. Ideally looking for 7 nights all inclusive.

Alternatively any suggestions within this country that people can recommend would be great also.

Thank You 🙏

5 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
37,766 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
1. Re: 40th Holiday Suggestions
Save

Heres a list of All Inclusive resort Hotels l found by Googling, that are from the Oyster.com website which have been approved by the IGLTA - International LGBTQ+ Travel Association …

https://www.oyster.com/articles/best-lgbtq-friendly-all-inclusive-resorts-around-the-world/

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
37,766 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
2. Re: 40th Holiday Suggestions
Save

“any suggestions within this country” …

This is a worldwide Forum about the Theme of Honeymoon location planning in a general sense, and not Destination specifics, so the members who contribute here are not familiar with specialty accommodations/hotels/resorts etc in England per se…(also its not entirely clear what kind of accommodation you're looking for in England either) obviously “ nice weather” in England in January is not criteria, not sure abt “ All incl” either

I suggest posting directly to Tripadvisors England Destination Forum itself, giving the members who give travel advice there specific criteria, incl a nightly budget, the atmosphere, activities and amenities etc youre looking for…

Hopefully someone will know of a Hotel that matches

Edited: 16 May 2022, 18:59
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
60 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: 40th Holiday Suggestions
Save

There's also this TripAdvisor forum. I don't know how busy it is, but you can give your question a try there as well.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12358-LGBTQIA_Travel.html

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8,095 posts
493 reviews
122 helpful votes
4. Re: 40th Holiday Suggestions
Save

We visited Puerto Vallarta on the Pacific coast of Mexico a few years ago in late January. The weather was beautiful. There are all-inclusive hotels and we thought it seemed quite LGBT-friendly. We noticed quite a few same-sex couples about.

Similarly, Cancun on the Caribbean coast of Mexico, which I believe is easier to reach from the U.K. has beautiful weather in January, and numerous AI accommodations and is welcoming to all. I am, however, a bit reluctant to recommend it because of some alarming crimes late last year where tourists became collateral damage in drug-gang shoot-outs. I've not seen any very recent such reports, though, so the heavy Army presence may have put a lid on things.

And one more caveat: today's newspaper reported that the International Air Pilots Association is sounding the alarm about poor air safety in Mexico, especially for Mexico City's Benito Juarez airport but also referencing other airports used by tourists, tho the article didn't name any specifically..

Altho I haven't been there, the Dominican Republic is also well-known for AI resorts.

Dedham...
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
139 reviews
108 helpful votes
5. Re: 40th Holiday Suggestions
Save

St Martin is very open to all. It isn't big on AI, but you can think of the whole island as being part of your resort where you get to pick a different restaurant every night. You would need to change planes in Paris or Amsterdam.

Antigua would give you direct flights, but I can't confirm personally their same sex feelings. Jamaica and the DR are the kings of AI and have good reputations for being open on property and a little less so off property.

Reply to: 40th Holiday Suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted