We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belated 5 day honeymoon-ideas needed!

Akron, Ohio
7 posts
Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!
Save

My husband and I had an awesome 2 week honeymoon planned to South Africa pre COVID, but then 2020 happened and we ended up cancelling our honeymoon 3 times due to COVID and a pregnancy, and now have been blessed with a beautiful baby boy! That being said, we now want a chance to take a mini belated honeymoon. We’re thinking 5 days to possibly Mexico or the Caribbean. Unfortunately due to babysitting and work constraints the only time we can go is between Christmas and New Years later this year. We’re traveling from Ohio and hoping to go somewhere not super time consuming to get to and just enjoy a few days together celebrating a belated honeymoon baby-free. Looking for suggestions on ideal areas/ hotels/ general concepts. We don’t have a huge budget but are willing to splurge a bit since it’s a shorter trip and in lieu of the big honeymoon we originally planned. Looking for some place with good weather, clear water beaches, good food and romantic vibes! Snorkeling and boating options a plus :)

12 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
37,766 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
1. Re: Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!
Save

That time of year the weather is usually good throughout the Caribbean and Mexico

Re: your other wants ld recommend looking at the Turks and Caicos …gorgeous clear water beaches, very good restaurants, romantic hotels, the snorkelling in Turks is great at one of the best barrier reefs in the world

American Airlines has some direct flights at 5 + hours from Akron

Edited: 26 April 2022, 10:15
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,766 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
2. Re: Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!
Save

And you could still review the other options listed here in your previous post on this forum about your Honeymoon from 2020- linked below

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12522-k13285260-Debating_on_honeymoon_for_early_November_2020-Honeymoons_and_Romance.html#106314913

Walt Disney World...
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
11,105 posts
156 reviews
143 helpful votes
3. Re: Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!
Save

Eden is clearly a full-service DE. 🧉

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,766 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
4. Re: Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!
Save

Lol 👌

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
415 reviews
139 helpful votes
5. Re: Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!
Save

Key West. Fly into Miami. Rent a convertible, and drive to Key West you will drive along the 7-mile bridge and pass through a number of Keys. Great drive. Stay at a B&B. Happy travels!

Akron, Ohio
7 posts
6. Re: Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!
Save

Thank you so much for these insights!!! Amazing recs!

Akron, Ohio
7 posts
7. Re: Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!
Save

I used to live in SWFL but never made it to the keys! This could be a really fun option!

8. Re: Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts Edited: 27 April 2022, 19:29

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,766 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
9. Re: Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!
Save

Youre welcome:

Something to note -

Hurricane Irma 2017 wreaked havoc on beaches in the Keys… some are restored, but ld double check an area like that if “ beautiful clear beaches” are really a priority for you …

Also, Florida weather can be iffy December/January

Akron, Ohio
7 posts
10. Re: Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!
Save

You truly should be a travel agent!! What fantastic feedback on everything! I completely forgot about my post on here from 2 years ago-- wow, how time flies! I loved your Turks & Caico rec and if they have flights out of Akron.... that would really seal the deal as that airport is right by us and a breeze to travel (v CLE). As far as Mexico or Caribbean goes-- do you have any specific recs on which areas to check out there? I've always been interested in Tulum, but I know very little about it or most areas in the Caribbean. I have been to Costa Rica, Aruba and Punta Cana (though all of these were many years ago) and my husband has been a bunch of places in Mexico, but we're both open to returning! Neither of us have been to Turks though... hmmm

Reply to: Belated 5 day honeymoon—ideas needed!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted