We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Secrets or Dreams to choose using free nights voucher?

Which Secrets or Dreams to choose using free nights voucher?
Save

My partner and I just got back from Secrets Playa Mujeres and purchased a short term package in the sales talk that gives us nights to use in select locations at Secrets and ALL Dreams locations. While we technically could go to the more premium Secrets locations that are 2:1 nights (e.g. Maroma or Akumal), we'd rather not burn through the voucher in less than one week! We liked Secrets, and surprisingly so, liked Dreams too as the children seemed better behaved than the adults on the Secrets side the week we were there. Joking aside, if given the choice of: Secrets Aura Cozumel, Secrets Huatulco, Secrets Vallarta Bay, Secrets Bahia Mita, or Secrets Royal Beach, or ANY of the Dreams locations which would you choose for overall quality? Are there any that we should just cross off the list and not even consider?

1 reply
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8,095 posts
493 reviews
122 helpful votes
1. Re: Which Secrets or Dreams to choose using free nights voucher?
Save

Hello Venture827857,

Welcome to TA. We are all volunteers rather than professional travel agents, so the chances that anyone reading your post would have familiarity with all the hotels and locations you mention are slim. I'm afraid there is no escaping doing the research yourself. To do that, you can type the name of a destination in the search box at the top of the page. I did that for Huatulco for instance, and the Secrets Hotel in Huatulco showed up in the drop down menu:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150789-d2089597-Reviews-Secrets_Huatulco_Resort_Spa-Huatulco_Southern_Mexico.html

If that had not shown up, I would then have clicked on the "Hotels" drop down menu on the Hutalco page and gotten info on all Huatulco hotels and selected the Secrets Hotel to find out about it.

You can read the reviews by people who have stayed there, look at pictures, see prices and amenities. I recommend that you use the hotel's own website to book a stay, however.

Then do the same for each place you are thinking of staying.

I also found this article from "U.S. News and World Report" but don't know how much reliance you can place on the rankings. https://travel.usnews.com/hotels/b-Secrets_Resorts_Spas/

Oh, and one more thought: the ease or difficulty of getting to any location for a 1-week stay from where you live would be top-of-mind for me.

Edited: 18 April 2022, 17:19
Reply to: Which Secrets or Dreams to choose using free nights voucher?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted