We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Cape Town

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
56 helpful votes
Honeymoon in Cape Town
Save

We had originally planned to honeymoon in the Caribbean in Sept2020 but many cancellations later, we have still not managed to go and their relaxing of covid rules is v slow. We are now looking at Cape Town!

I have viewed previous threads and people recommended the Radisson Blu waterfront Hotel. Are their any other hotels i should look at?

We are keen to visit the winelands being avid red wine drinkers. Would we need to book or do you just go? Should we stay there when we go?

Any recommendations of things to do or see would be great.

We are initially thinking we will be there for 10 days and availability of flights dependant, will go in March. We do not want to travel for the safari or anything that requires a 2nd flight because it would feel to crammed owing to the length of the trip unless anyone thinks this is an absolute must do?

Thanks so much for any help

4 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
37,353 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
1. Re: Honeymoon in Cape Town
Save

Hello Judy…

On TripAdvisor, when looking for information about Hotels, recommendations of things to see and do in Cape Town ( South Africa) the best Forum to seek advice on is the actual Cape Town “ Destination” Forum itself, which is dedicated to that location, and where local experts give travel advice daily…

Ive posted a direct link to it below

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1722390-i15573-Cape_Town_Western_Cape.html

The Honeymoons Forum is more general in nature, not specific information about any one/particular Destination, as the TripAdvisor Destination based Forums are

Best of luck with your planning, and Safe travels

Edited: 06 January 2022, 23:59
Walt Disney World...
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
11,043 posts
156 reviews
143 helpful votes
2. Re: Honeymoon in Cape Town
Save

A theory…

“Relaxing of Covid rules in the Caribbean (being) slow” has largely to do with small islands, already taxed in managing Covid among their own citizens, not wishing to have their medical facilities to be overrun by tourists who, incidentally, arrive with little to no medical coverage. Not that it would matter, as they have few spare beds regardless.

Be careful what you wish for. 🥃😷

Edited: 07 January 2022, 01:24
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,929 posts
479 reviews
120 helpful votes
3. Re: Honeymoon in Cape Town
Save

Myself, I would not dream of going all the way to S. Africa without at least 3-4 days on safari. After all, lions and elephants are not found many places in the wild but continental Europe, practically in your backyard, has many wine-growing regions to visit. But then, I'm an animal lover and less so of a wine aficionado. It's your honeymoon, so please yourselves.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
19,301 posts
15 reviews
18 helpful votes
4. Re: Honeymoon in Cape Town
Save

Phew - that's a lot of travel for a relatively short trip! Good luck.

Be sure you're up-to-date on Covid restrictions and protocols for South Africa, many are currently similar to some Caribbean nations, such as pre-tests, test in arrival, masking and so forth.. who knows what they'll be (anywhere) a couple months from now..

Here's the South Africa forum - this is your best bet for specifics: hotels, tours, wineries, restaurants, etc. Much more ifornative than this general worldwide forum for those looking for their destination https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g293740-i9186-South_Africa.html

Safe travels..

Reply to: Honeymoon in Cape Town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.