We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Bali 2022 from America

Denver, Colorado
1 post
1 review
Honeymoon in Bali 2022 from America

Hi All, my fiancé and I have our honeymoon booked to Bali for July, even have our flights booked. From all of the research I am finding, it doesn't sound like American's will be able to travel to Indonesia anytime soon, and with their mandated quarantine time, just not sure if its worth it. Were traveling for 10 days but im not trying to spend 7 of those 10 days in a hotel, after traveling from the US. Just wondering when I should pull the plug on this trip and book somewhere else?

4 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,927 posts
478 reviews
120 helpful votes
1. Re: Honeymoon in Bali 2022 from America

You definitely want to cancel in time to get a full refund of any sums you paid, assuming you did not purchase a nonrefundable reservation ( I sincerely hope not!). Another consideration is if you book elsewhere, you may want or need the refunded sums to pay for any new reservations. Other than those thoughts, it's more an emotional decision...you will want to feel you've made the right decision.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
37,328 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
2. Re: Honeymoon in Bali 2022 from America

“wondering when l should pull the plug on this trip”…

As soon as you're ready to do so…

No point waiting if you're not able to go

Edited: 06 January 2022, 06:35
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
20,622 posts
61 reviews
190 helpful votes
3. Re: Honeymoon in Bali 2022 from America

Hi Katelyn - I think that this is one of those situations where it's difficult to advise. We're all in the same boat with the unknowns surrounding travel this year when things can change at the drop of a hat, so it's very much a personal decision.

Personally I would cancel if you can do so without penalty and consider an alternative where at the moment there aren't as many hurdles. Although again personally I wouldn't book anywhere else until nearer the time of travel. Flexibility and compromise are the watchwords for travel at this time I think.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
1,10,862 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
4. Re: Honeymoon in Bali 2022 from America

Have you made a decision yet? If it were me, I think I'd pull the plug now so that I can stop thinking about what might or might not happen between now and July.

I agree with Happynoodleboy about flexibility and compromise being important at the moment.

Reply to: Honeymoon in Bali 2022 from America
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.