We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25 wedding anniversary trip

Valdosta, Georgia
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
13 helpful votes
25 wedding anniversary trip
Save

First of May 2022

Budget: around 10k not including airfare

About us: late 40s and very active. I love beaches and my husband doesn’t like them much and prefers mountains lol. Although he did love OWB in BoraBora. We are not big on large and crowded cities

Places we have visited

Hawaii- Maui and Kaui- liked them both ok

South Africa/ Kruger- favorite place I’ve ever been too!!

Moorea/ Bora Bora- was nice !

Alaska- did a cruise ( which I’m not usually a fan of but I liked that we traveled at night and were docked somewhere different each day

Costa Rica- lots of fun with lots of activities

Irelabd - road trip was great but didn’t like Dublin

Both are vaccinated ( no booster and don’t plan on it at this time). Not sure this matters but wanted to mention it as I know some places require it now

I know May is soon and who knows what kind of restrictions we will have but wanted recommendations of places

Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,927 posts
478 reviews
120 helpful votes
1. Re: 25 wedding anniversary trip
Save

Staying within the U.S. will be the least complicated or prone to testing/quarantine/cancellation worries. First of May is a bit early for the northern parts or Rockies. So maybe Sedona, AZ, a road trip in California that includes Death Valley, or the Texas hill country.

If you are willing to deal with the complexities/risks of international travel, maybe the Azores, Iceland (will be cool temps). Costa Rica for wildlife, perhaps. Maybe you would enjoy a small ship (less than 200 passengers) cruise of the Galapagos Islands?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
19,293 posts
15 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: 25 wedding anniversary trip
Save

How about somewhere like St Lucia or Grenada or Tobago or Martinique? Mix of mountains and beaches, culture, activities, relaxation, great food and so forth...

For St Lucia, you could hike, dive, snorkel, ATV, zip line, horseback riding, Segway, deep sea fishing, cooking classes, mountain bike, ruins, plantation tours, botanical gardens, mineral baths, volcano, mud baths, waterfalls, and so forth.. you could be as active and busy as you like, or relax in some absolutely stunning locations including beautiful beaches.

Somewhere like Calabash Cove or Sugar Beach or Stonefield Estates or Cap Maison for lux accommodations, views, etc.

Safe travels..

Dedham...
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
139 reviews
108 helpful votes
3. Re: 25 wedding anniversary trip
Save

Ignoring Covid (just because rules keeps changing,) based on your detailed lists of likes and dislikes (wow--"Maui and Kaui- liked them both ok" tough crowd.)

Guadeloupe has an interesting collection of mountain waterfall and volcano hikes and idyllic beaches. It is not crowded. It is also not super-lux, if that is important, but does have access to high end dining. Rent a car and drive to different beaches or waterfalls everyday. It is more adventurous than a mega-resort beach holiday and you would have trouble overspending your vacation budget even if you tried.

Also, being French, like Bora-bora, a husband being bored on the beach is not a typical complaint. If, it turns out that, um, optionality is what made Tahiti a hit, rather than the mountains, then any of the French Caribbean islands will work out as well. St Martin has some nice quiet pockets (stay away from Sint Maarten, the Dutch side which is a constant traffic jam.) And St Barth of course is notoriously appealing, but has several low key hikes complete with goats and tortoises to lead the way. It doesn't have to be hyper-expense and snobbery if you don't want it to be. In May, heading into the off season, your $10K would be fine as long as you chose your accommodations carefully. $500 a day per couple there is kind of the entry price for food and lodging

Valdosta, Georgia
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: 25 wedding anniversary trip
Save

I’m not a fan of cursing unless you get off most of every day and do things ashore and move at night. I’ll look into the Galapagos cruise.

Also, anyone recommend any other small ( 200 under passengers) that may go to the Europe, Greece ,Cambodia or Vietnam ?

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
37,328 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
5. Re: 25 wedding anniversary trip
Save

Hello Pam B…

For questions and recommendations about Cruise Lines, Cruise Ships, Routes/Itineraries, /Capacities, etc Tripadvisors actual

Cruises Forum” is the one that’s dedicated specifically to that topic, and the best Forum to post on…

Ive linked it below for you -

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.html

Safe travels

Edited: 03 January 2022, 10:19
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
7,631 posts
9 reviews
42 helpful votes
6. Re: 25 wedding anniversary trip
Save

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding anniversary Pam B.

Have you considered Fiji? We celebrated our 20th anniversary at Matangi Private Island Resort. It was a without a the best ever. Small resort, with lots of activities to keep you occupied or not. Other adults only resorts you might have a look at are: LikuLiku, with over the water bures, Tokoriki Island Resort, Royal Davui, Tropica, and Matamanoa.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
1,10,862 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
7. Re: 25 wedding anniversary trip
Save

I don't think a cruise will be a good choice for you given the current circumstances, Pam. I agree that i would be better to keep things simple at his time, and I also think hat you will have a more enjoyable time if you visit one location which has lots of activities for you both.

As such I think that staying in the US would be a good choice, and maybe a road trip will suit you (I always say such things work better in the US than in Europe!). I loved my own road trip in California where I loved going down the coast and visiting places like Monterey, San Luis Obispo and Hearst Castle, I only wish I'd had longer!

Alternatively, for a more resort based vacation I'd definitely take a look at the Caribbean, a couple of friends keep urging us to visit Grenada.

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
1,12,373 posts
8,654 reviews
4,135 helpful votes
8. Re: 25 wedding anniversary trip
Save

without a booster - don't consider many of the larger cities in the US. Most currently just want the vaccine, but many are starting to also demand the booster.

Valdosta, Georgia
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
13 helpful votes
9. Re: 25 wedding anniversary trip
Save

I hate big cities so I don’t plan on going anywhere that requires a booster I may just take off work and do a last minute trip depending on where we are allowed to travel.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
242 posts
12 reviews
33 helpful votes
10. Re: 25 wedding anniversary trip
Save

You should also consider Serengeti and Zanzibar where you and your husband will enjoy each other's interests. a day of hiking in Ngorongoro and Long beach stay will lot of diving tours with dolphins. The budget can accommodate a long stay in Africa under the Canvas with luxury.

Reply to: 25 wedding anniversary trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.