We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winged Boots travel Company

Exeter, United...
1 post
1 review
Winged Boots travel Company
Save

Hi just looking for anyone who has used Winged boots travel company, as there doesn't seem to be many reviews available online and we are interested in booking our honeymoon with them.

TIA

8 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
36,066 posts
1. Re: Winged Boots travel Company
Save

This Support forum is for all of us members to ask questions about using the TripAdvisor website, and to query missing reviews, and to report technical issues with this website.

Here is the forums homepage below link to use the search box on it to search for the name of that company. Not sure if you will find any existing or current forum topics about them:-

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

That link also gives you access to all the hundreds of travel forums on here.

West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
1,00,362 posts
99 reviews
631 helpful votes
2. Re: Winged Boots travel Company
Save

Hi Mike;

As a new user of the forums, I would suggest before posting on any forum to read the "sticky" at the top of the forum’s page, if there is one. The sticky will explain the focus/purpose of the forum, important information, and other details. As an example, the sticky at the top of this forum is;

"PLEASE READ: How to use the Support forum!" and has a push-pin icon beside it.

Best Regards

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,929 posts
479 reviews
120 helpful votes
3. Re: Winged Boots travel Company
Save

Hello Mike G,

Welcome to TripAdvisor. You are wise to try to vett this company. It appears to be a U.K. based company, so one of the British folk who frequent this Forum may know of them. Googled them myself and came upon a website called TrustPilot that had 82 reviews, all stellar, but none more than one year old. This, to me, is highly suspicious. You would expect out of that many reviews, one cranky person, at least, would have posted a negative review, so I'm left thinking all these great reviews were planted or paid for by Winged Boots. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/wingedboots.co.uk?page=4

Here in the U.S., we can search the database of an organization called the Better Business Bureau to find out about the reputation of a particular business. We can also contact the consumer affairs offices of various government agencies. Perhaps there is something similar in the U.K.?

If it were me, I'd choose a long-established travel company with a reputation developed over years in business. Of course even that is no guarantee; some of them can have financial problems and disappear in the blink of an eye...remember Thomas Cook?

CV

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
1,10,888 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
4. Re: Winged Boots travel Company
Save

I found this on the Winged Boots website:

>>>We are Ocean Holidays Limited trading as Winged Boots, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) a company registered in England and Wales Company No: 08573713, with its Registered Office and main trading address at 9th Floor, North House, St Edwards Way, Romford, Essex, RM1 3AE.<<<

At first glance they appear to be legitimate, but I would suggest reading the T&C's very carefully, and also looking into the reputation and history of Ocean Holidays Limited before committing yourselves to anything.

2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Winged Boots travel Company
Save

Hello Tia,

How are you?

I confirm that the Winged Boots TrustPilot page was only created in early 2021 which is why there are only 80 something reviews and they are all under 1 year old.

I'd love to answer any questions you have on the company. Please email me on marketing@wingedboots.co.uk and I will come straight back to you.

Alternatively, why not download or request a copy of our award-winning Lifestyle Brochure?

Please click here https://www.wingedboots.co.uk/?brochure=1 or share you postal address with me directly via email and I will pop a copy in the post to you soon.

Many thanks,

Lauren Godfrey

Marketing Manager, Winged Boots

Edited: 10 January 2022, 18:05
Walt Disney World...
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
11,043 posts
156 reviews
143 helpful votes
6. Re: Winged Boots travel Company
Save

Let’s report @5. Violation of TA TOS.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
1,10,888 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
7. Re: Winged Boots travel Company
Save

I think it's fair for the company to respond to some of the points that have been raised.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,929 posts
479 reviews
120 helpful votes
8. Re: Winged Boots travel Company
Save

Note that post #5 did not refute my supposition that the rave reviews were planted.

Reply to: Winged Boots travel Company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.