We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon August 2022

NM
Salzburg, Austria
13 posts
Honeymoon August 2022
Save

Hello @all,

I am planing my honeymoon with my wife from 8.8.2022 to 15.08.2022. Sadly just 7 days, I am looking to extend that to 10 days, but I have to plan with just 7 days. I am travelling from Austria.

My wish was always to travel to Mauritius or to Dominican Republic for Honeymoon, but i guess it's too short for a 7 day-trip, I have to travel 13-14 hours alone in one direction, and for 7 days I don't know if this is smart. So I am looking for a little bit shorter flight times from Europe (max. 6-7 hr)

So can you give me some good hints for a nice honeymoon-destination? I want a destination with a nice beach/resort, and a city/landscape where I can also explore a little bit and not just laying 24/7 on the beach :) and i want also good food :) Which destination is good to travel to in August?

Budget max. 3000 €

Thanks

Edited: 15 December 2021, 00:36
3 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,929 posts
478 reviews
120 helpful votes
1. Re: Honeymoon August 2022
Save

In addition to the Dominican Republic's distance from Salzburg, August is the middle of Atlantic hurricane season. To avoid any chance of having your honeymoon spoiled by one, you would have to travel to one of the Caribbean islands very near the coast of South America rather than ones closer to Europe or places like Florida in the U.S.

Besides Mediterranean or Black Sea resorts which you have already thought of, no doubt, perhaps the Canary Islands might be close enough? Morocco or Tunisia for something a little more exotic?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
37,341 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
2. Re: Honeymoon August 2022
Save

Your criteria:

Max 6-7 hour flight from Salzburg,Austria AND good weather in August, plus beach/resort, city and landscape, good food, exploration…

I would look at the bigger islands in Greece, either Crete or Rhodes, which will give you everything youve mentioned…

Truth be told, the weather in the Caribbean in August is not ideal as the yearly Atlantic Hurricane Season runs June through November…The Dominican Republic, as you know is located there

Even if theres no direct hit by a Hurricane, Tropical storms can still bring lots of rain/ turbulent weather …

Thats why its the “ low” season for travel to the Caribbean/Mexico etc

Europe on the other hand is very busy/“High Season, widely travelled to during this period, so thats where ld focus..Also where youll find those less than 7 hour flights lead to..

Best wishes/good luck with your Honeymoon planning

Edited: 15 December 2021, 21:46
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
37,341 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
3. Re: Honeymoon August 2022
Save

Also, Sicily fits your criteria very nicely, and IMO you cannot beat the food!

Sicily has some of the most beautiful beaches in the whole of Italy- sandy beaches/ warm turquoise-blue Mediterranean water…

Ancient sites, beautiful mountains/landscape …

Flights from Salzburg to Palermo or Catania run approx 6:15 minutes in duration

Edited: 15 December 2021, 21:57
Reply to: Honeymoon August 2022
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.