We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 2022 honeymoon- Mexico vs Caribbean

March 2022 honeymoon- Mexico vs Caribbean
Save

Hello Tripadvisor community,

After reading every honeymoon thread I could find, I'm writing to ask for some ideas for my upcoming honeymoon in late March/early April 2022. My partner and I are both from the U.S. and are looking for beautiful beaches, snorkeling (ideally off-shore), great food, maybe a rum distillery, and a good time (not an all-inclusive). We are hoping to go for 10 days and to stay in a small hotel/condo rather than a giant resort. We don't have a formalized budget, but would love to stay around/under $200 a night for lodging.

We have some places that we've previously been that we are considering- but would love to try somewhere new! We've already been to Belize, Roatan Honduras, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Aruba, and Cancun/Isla Mujeres. We had a great time at all of these places- as they each had so much to offer- but for this trip we are looking for a blend of activities/food/nightlife and relaxation/snorkeling and sandy beaches. My best leads so far have been the USVI and the BVI, but we are certainly not limited to those options.

Any ideas that you could send me way would be SO welcome! Thanks in advance Tripadvisor.

5 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
37,341 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
1. Re: March 2022 honeymoon- Mexico vs Caribbean
Save

Hi Erin

Welcome to the Forums

Caribbean islands you Haven't already listed as “been to” and also well known for their Rum and distilleries and with good snorkelling are Barbados and Jamaica, and lm sure the locals on those Tripadvisor Forums would make a good case for who's Rum is better if asked. Lol

As for Mexico ( which l note you already have experience with) Tequila is their famous liquor …Ive toured Agave plantation in Mex, but cant give you ideas about rum distilleries there …

As for prices at $200 night, or any price point, You can find the prices and the listings for All types of accommodation here, by looking at the listings section on the dedicated Tripadvisor Forum for that particular location, known as a “ destination” on this website… Every Island/City/country has its very own Forum and local Experts who give travel advice…

For example the actual Barbados “ Destination” Forum on TripAdvisor, or the Jamaica Destination Forum etc…. BVI has its own Destination Forum, so does Cancun, also USVI etc…

March is sunny hot weather all over the Caribbean And Mexico, so weather wont be an issue

Good luck with your planning!

Edited: 04 December 2021, 02:22
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,341 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
2. Re: March 2022 honeymoon- Mexico vs Caribbean
Save

Also, have you read any threads on Tripadvisors actual dedicated “ Beach Vacations Forum “?

You might find that worth a look,

Link below

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12289-Beach_Vacations.html

Safe travels

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,341 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
3. Re: March 2022 honeymoon- Mexico vs Caribbean
Save

Well, l stand corrected…

I googled and apparently (Tequila and Mezcal aside) there are a few local rum producers in Mex too… 🤷🏻‍♀️

4. Re: March 2022 honeymoon- Mexico vs Caribbean
Save

Thanks for your feedback and for sending me those Eden! I will check out the forums you mentioned. Barbados is definitely on the short list- and they recently became a republic and ditched the queen too.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,341 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
5. Re: March 2022 honeymoon- Mexico vs Caribbean
Save

You're welcome Erin!

Have a great time wherever you choose 👍

Reply to: March 2022 honeymoon- Mexico vs Caribbean
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.