We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?
Save

Hi. I am planning a honeymoon in Europe in February from India. I wanted to go to Norway but we can't travel there right now as per agent. We have a preference for some good adventure activities, some leisure time together and shopping. So far we have Amsterdam, Croatia and Prague for 9 days. Is that too much to cover in 9 days? Can we replace Amsterdam with better places in Europe like somewhere in italy or spain? Looking for suggestions with best itinerary.

9 replies to this topic
Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
253 posts
1. Re: Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?
Save

Nine days pick one country.

Italy
Level Contributor
16,404 posts
2. Re: Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?
Save

Or at least pick two stops near each other.

Amsterdam and Paris? Amsterdam and London?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
54 reviews
42 helpful votes
3. Re: Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?
Save

With travel you probably have 7 to 8 days .

To fit your requirements I would say Croatia .

for the full time it is a big country .

Dedham...
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
139 reviews
108 helpful votes
4. Re: Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?
Save

We commonly will visit 4-5 countries in a week, but we pick a route that keeps things close and doesn't require flights. It all depends on if you want to see the highlights or if you want to do a deep dive. Of course on a honeymoon you'll want to slow down a bit and just do three.

Croatia is lovely, then Venice, then Switzerland is a nice route. Or Prague, Vienna, Budapest. Or Amsterdam, Rhine, Paris. If driving you can stop aff at many nice sites between the major cities. If by train then focus more on the cities.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,927 posts
478 reviews
120 helpful votes
5. Re: Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?
Save

Please consider what the weather is like in February in northern Europe. It will be cold, gray, dark and probably drizzly in places like Amsterdam, London, perhaps even Paris. Also, daylight hours are still relatively short. For instance, in Amsterdam on February 15, 2022, sunrise is not until 7:57 am and sunset is still before 6pm.

Also consider COVID. Europe is suffering a big increase in cases now; there's no telling what the situation will be like in February, so planning is difficult. But for sure, you both will need to be fully vaccinated and be able to show proof of vaccination for entry to museums, restaurants, bars and other attractions.

And I would most certainly agree that 9 days is only enough time to see a little of 2 or 3 neighboring countries, not go flying all around which would require you to spend far too much time in airports and not enough time seeing anything. For better weather and more sunlight, try Spain and Portugal. Or just Italy.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,927 posts
478 reviews
120 helpful votes
6. Re: Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?
Save

And one more point about COVID: each country is making its own rules about entry, if or when to impose lockdowns, curfews and such. These rules change very quickly (Austria just imposed a 10 day lockdown with the possibility of extending it for an additional 10 days, just as an example). To reduce the chances of having your travel plans fouled up, keep the number of different countries you will visit to a minimum.

New Delhi, India
3 posts
7. Re: Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?
Save

Thanks Guys.

Edited: 24 November 2021, 17:59
Oakland, New Jersey
2 posts
8. Re: Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?
Save

I think Kauai is the best honeymoon destination in the USA. Recently I got married last October I and my husband went to Kauai for 15 days this is the ideal honeymoon destination we enjoyed a lot explore so many things there. When we have explored the beach we have seen incredible views that I have never seen before. So, I recommended you should have to go Kauai.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
37,328 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
9. Re: Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?
Save

Welcome to Tripadvisor, Hazel A @#8

The OP is travelling from India, and wants to travel to Europe, not the USA....

Edited: 13 December 2021, 20:33
Reply to: Planning honeymoon in Europe.. Confused?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.